Need help deciding...

34blazer

Kinda torn between installing an A2A intercooler(23.5"x12x4), or buying an Akly kit.

Combo:

Stock SLIC
Stock bottom end
Ported irons
PTE 6262 turbo
Hemco plenum
EBL SFI 6

My budget allows for completing the machine work on the heads, and gaskets. I will have enough left for an alky kit(Devils' own), or buying the necessary items needed to install FMIC(piping and hardware). Right now the SLIC is not getting the job done, on a 2nd gear WOT pull, the IATs will climb right up to 130*+, and starts to knock in 3rd gear even with reduced timing and AFR's in the upper 10's. Boost is limited to 15psi for 1+2 gear and 12psi for 3rd. The ambient temps have been in the 70's too. Alky will help keep the engine safe, as will the A2A, but which would be a better investment right now?

Thanks!

my vote would be Razors ALKY.... as it is made for our cars and is proven. Julio is available if you have questions and he supports the board and the racers.

At 15 psi you shouldnt need the ALKY, several people here run 93 pump gas at 18-20psi with no ALKY...

Bryan

Razor's Alkycontrol all the way. Pick up a used dutt neck intercooler as well.

Razor's alkycontrol. With a front mount, you might be able to get 20 psi boost at most in perfect conditions without knock. With alky, go for 25+psi all day long on the SLIC. Sell the Hemco to get the alky kit.

Razors Alky. Hands down best addition I have ever done. Julio is available to help too which just adds to the value of buying from him.

Alky it is. Although I don't need the controller or MAP sensor, the EBL has built in controls for Alky. That's why I was going with the Devils Own set up. I'll still contact Julio for a basic kit.