need help car poping and will not run

Sir. Ansalot

car will not idle it will crank pop out the tail pipe and cut off
i changed the coil pack and plugs did not help . all this came
on slowey frist car would crank and pop but would quit when it warmed up
idle and drive fine . now crank and pop and cut off will not run
need help thanks

A bad module can fry a coil pack. It's best to replace both at the same time or purchase the testing tool from Casper's Electronics. It could be a number of things. It's best to find a local turbo Regal buddy who can help you chase the issue down.

Could be cam or crank sensor problem.

Pull the cam sensor cap and check the wheel. The tab that keys it to the shaft is known to break.

Rick

80's tech often requires a 'visible scanner', lol.

Just a flashback memory of when I acquired a carb'd '79 Mazda GLC as simple transport. The gas was so crappy back then that when it would not start I could remove, clean the filter and replace in 15 minutes, the good old days of 'shade tree'. :LOL:

Sorry I digress when given the chance, not a flaw just endearing. :D

I can see the cam or crank sensor being the issue. Apparently there is still spark, fuel, air and then it get's all fubar. :D

Follow cranks but doesn't start flow tree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if there check engine light isn't on, there won't be a code. If you do have a code, you can get it with a paperclip in the ALDL port.

Since you're flying blind without any kind of scan tool I'm going to go ahead and assUme the worst.

I'm with turboburick. Pull the cam sensor cap and see if the anodized cup spins. It shouldn't. I've had 2 break the tiny tab right off.

ok i pulled the cam sen. cap the tabs were good so i replaced the ignition module still no luck
any more ideas need help

ok i pulled the cam sen. cap the tabs were good so i replaced the ignition module still no luck
any more ideas need help

Did you follow the cranks but doesn't start tree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk