need gn mechanic in dfw area

TonyTone

Hey yall I'm new to the site, glad I found it. I'm a fairly new owner to an 86 gn that I bought that has mods on it. Long story short I messed it up and need a reputable mechanic in the dallas ftw area, thx in advance
Here's a link to a video I took of the issue

Been there! Head gasket blown? Just guessing since white smoke is pouring out of the exhaust pipe.

Head gasket... Knock off the rev! You could be taking out a set of brgs, w/ antifreeze in the oil....
DO NOT drive it, or you could be looking at an overhaul.

QUOTE="Danster, post: 3632440, member: 4047"]where in DFW are you located?[/QUOTE]
I

I'm in Arlington

Head gasket... Knock off the rev! You could be taking out a set of brgs, w/ antifreeze in the oil....
DO NOT drive it, or you could be looking at an overhaul.

I have not drove It since it happen, oil splatter from the passenger side of engine, there's no antifreeze in oil or vice versa, oil got all over engine but doesn't leak or shows any oil lost, motor doesn't knock and car starts everytime

[QSTE="TonyTone, post: 3632569, member: 51679"]I have not drove It since it happen, oil splatter from the passenger side of engine, there's no antifreeze in oil or vice versa, oil got all over engine but doesn't leak or shows any oil lost, motor doesn't knock and car starts everytime[/QUOTE]

Sorry can you tell me what a " set of brg" is? I'm a noob to this engine lay out, thx for any info

He's referring to the main and rod bearings. They don’t do well when antifreeze mixes with the oil!

Thx for clearing that up, luckily there is no mix in the oil, I actually changed the oil thinking that would help
Glad to hear!
It would suck to loose the bottom end of an engine due to a blown head gasket!!

[Q="TonyTone, post: 3632435, member: 51679"]Hey yall I'm new to the site, glad I found it. I'm a fairly new owner to an 86 gn that I bought that has mods on it. Long story short I messed it up and need a reputable mechanic in the dallas ftw area, thx in advance
Here's a link to a video I took of the issue

[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know of any links on how to change my head gaskets, is it something a person with midrange mechanic skills can do?

Diew

I'm in s Arlington. With hrs slow at work I have some time if you are interested.

Better to let someone with knowledge do it than go at it yourself. Stay away from Bill Duke in Saginaw if his name came up from someone you know!