need advise swapping in a 427 bb

brisbon

hey board, ive decided to call it a day with the v6

my 1987 gn is completely restored with a frame notch and i wish to keep it but swap in one of my 427 BB carburated engines and 5 speed manual trans.
my car has a digital dash. everything in it litteraly has been replaced new.

the advise i require is what do i need to keep and what can i sell, with keeping everything electrical working that i can with the carbed non ecm motor.

any help is much appreciated, im a professional so dont bother with the flaming or non applicable posts please.

also selling everything in the drivetrain with exception of the rear end, after a first tune run at a reputal tuner the main bearings galled up from a faulty oil pump returned to the shop and dropped the pan right away. everything but the bottom end in the entire drivetrain is good.

427 is cool engine, stick a turbo on it and no one will complain. ;)

Might want to contact Caspers Electronics and have a custom engine harness made up for your EFI less engine bay. Sell the old one if it's in good shape but there's going to be a lot of unnecessary connectors and wires laying around.

I'm curious if the Ac/Heater box will be an issue, might need to ditch that too.

Is this a Powermaster car or Vacuum converted?

Wouldn't be surprised if the aftermarket Monte Carlo or Cutlass Supreme exhaust systems work out for you.

Post pics when you're up and running.

Do the conversion to the V-8 first, and when you're done and satisfied with the result, then make an inventory of all the V-6 related parts remaining you have left and sell anything you think you won't ever need again!...

Good luck,

Claude. :)

Have you checked out the V8 swap forum here? Lots of good info. I'm in the process of a build myself as well and decided to finish the project before lisiting what I think is not needed for sale. Good luck and post updates with pics as you go. :)

sell the 427 and put a LS2 with turbo in it.

x2.......any ls based turbo will do the trick! half dozen or so here in kc running around in various applications. ranging from low 10's to low 9's. All street cars driven regularly.