Need advice on picking a combo

Geno was about 3350-3400lbs with him in it and launched @ 20psi to achieve a 9 second timeslip. You would really have to put the car (and possibly yourself) on a diet to get a 9 second timeslip out of a stock block. The TA block will be the way to go. Kinda costly but at least it wil be made to take the punishment of over 700+ HP.

Well...... :( High nines just may be a pipe dream. Tens is a must. I already dropped 60 lbs off my own frame, The GN will have to go on a diet as well. I do believe that the girdled and billet main stock block will hold up with proper tuning.

Originally posted by Joe 1320
Well...... :( High nines just may be a pipe dream. Tens is a must. I already dropped 60 lbs off my own frame, The GN will have to go on a diet as well. I do believe that the girdled and billet main stock block will hold up with proper tuning.

What elevation are you at? That makes a big difference. Don't forget, Geno was at sea level and we have the benefit out here of having some really good air days where it is actually considered "below sea level". That can make a big difference at that HP level.

I'm not sure what the elevation is in Sebring, Florida.... but I plan on racing at Orlando Speedworld, Moroso in West Palm, Desoto in Bradenton, Sebring International as well as perhaps Sunshine in Clearwater(1/8th mile track there). The southern half of Florida is flat as a pancake and the majority is swampland. I guess you could call it close to Sea level.