Need some help and opinions on combo

czimpel

Boost...gotta get some!
My best 1/4 mile slips are attached. I know there is more in it, but I'm stuck with how to get it out. I think the turbo has more in it, but I'm running into a bottleneck somewhere along the line.

Here's my thoughts on my bottlenecks right now.
Stock Dutt Neck intercooler is probably a huge pressure loss, and I'm running through a crappy 2 1/4" dual exhaust after the Y pipe. Mufflers look to be an off the shelf brand of nothing special.

I've ran a 11.48 at 24-26 lbs of boost and the 11.43 at 26-27 lbs of boost. Best 60' was the 11.48 run.

I'm also having a hard time getting rid of some KR at the top of 2 and 3 guessing it's from increased heat from the turbo having to work so hard to overcome the pressure loss.

Just looking for some thoughts and opinions on which direction to go.

My goal is a 10 second slip.

Oh, and just in case Bison responds, he'll probably want to know the CR. Crappy H471 -30cc dished hypers in a .040 4.1(4.005) .015 in the hole with Fel Pro 1000 (.039 compressed) head gaskets and a fresh set of Champion irons(46cc).

•E85
• Budget 4.1
• ATR Billet Roller RP309G
• Champion Ported Irons
• 120lb injectors
• Racetronix 450 pump with teflon line kit
• Boosted Fuel Pump
• TR6 Ignition
• Accufab FPR
• Turbo Tweak E85 chip 6.1WB
• 6262 .63 Turbo
• Dutt Neck Stock IC
• 3" RJC DP
• 3" Test Pipe
• RJC Power Plate
• 1" Champion Spacer
• 3" CAI • Extreme Automatics Stage 2 2004R
• 2800 NL Converter
• Stock Rear End with TA Cover
• Boxed Lowers
• 275/60R15 ET Streets

Attachments

• 11.43 Run.JPG
    11.43 Run.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 196
  • IMG_7060.JPG
    IMG_7060.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 158
Let it breath. Intercooler and exhaust

Probably a test pipe with a open dump pipe for when you're at the track would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With my 6262 and the pipe open on a 2.5 exhaust , 2.5" down pipe,it actually slowed down @ the track. I dont know why. but the intercooler woke up a half second.

My best 1/4 mile slips are attached. I know there is more in it, but I'm stuck with how to get it out. I think the turbo has more in it, but I'm running into a bottleneck somewhere along the line.

Stock Dutt Neck intercooler is probably a huge pressure loss, and I'm running through a crappy 2 1/4" dual exhaust after the Y pipe. Mufflers look to be an off the shelf brand of nothing special.

I've ran a 11.48 at 24-26 lbs of boost and the 11.43 at 26-27 lbs of boost. Best 60' was the 11.48 run.

I'm also having a hard time getting rid of some KR at the top of 2 and 3 guessing it's from increased heat from the turbo having to work so hard to overcome the pressure loss.

Oh, and just in case Bison responds, he'll probably want to know the CR. Crappy H471 -30cc dished hypers in a .040 4.1(4.005) .015 in the hole with Fel Pro 1000 (.039 compressed) head gaskets and a fresh set of Champion irons(46cc).

•E85
• Budget 4.1
• Champion Ported Irons
• 120lb injectors
• Boosted Fuel Pump
• TR6 Ignition
• Accufab FPR
• 6262 .63 Turbo
• Dutt Neck Stock IC
• 3" RJC DP
• 3" Test Pipe
• RJC Power Plate
• 1" Champion Spacer
• 2800 NL Converter
• Boxed Lowers
• 275/60R15 ET Streets

your sitting on .2 off your ET in the 60 foot alone .. open exhaust .. Wait till sept and the outside air is mid 50's ... it will run a 10.99 :)

Put a front mount intercooler and a 3" exhaust and get that 60" to at least a 1.5 and you will be in the 10s no problem. You have fuel and turbo but now you need that air flow ;)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Does the pypes 2.5" Race Pro system flow well enough for my needs?

Does the pypes 2.5" Race Pro system flow well enough for my needs?

you have to really watch the exhausts on these cars when you turn the wick up ...

I about passed out when I picked up 13 mph on a car just opening the exhaust ! It can be a huge bottleneck when you start pushing the car hard

Okay...you have more than what I have. ET and build is in my sig. I normally bracket race the car between 6.9 to 7.3 at 100 to 101 mph. I run an ATR 3 inch exhaust. Try cracking the exhaust...and have a go at it. If the mufflers aren't a straight through design...then they're choking it off.

That is surly a 10sec combo, I also think the problem is in the 2 1/4 pipes and non strait through mufflers , unless your blowing through the converter

I can't run open exhaust on our Wednesday night drags, so I have to have mufflers. I've been waiting to order the Pypes 2.5 system, so I ordered that to start. I will be looking for a Precision SLIC next.

I don't think I'm blowing through the converter, but is there a sure tell sign that I am?

I can't run open exhaust on our Wednesday night drags, so I have to have mufflers. I've been waiting to order the Pypes 2.5 system, so I ordered that to start. I will be looking for a Precision SLIC next.

I don't think I'm blowing through the converter, but is there a sure tell sign that I am?

Can u run a boost dump?

Probably. I was looking for dumps today, but was;t finding one that was sure to work with my DP. Full Throttle sells a dump pipe, but it says it only fits the GN1 DP. I don't even know the brand of mine.

Why not go with Pypes new 3" exhaust system c/w mufflers?
I believe I read that you can get these from Nick Micale at Arizona GN. (Gotta support our vendors)!
I'm sure Nick can recommend the correct pypes muffler for your needs.
RJC's IC-315-XTF front mount and you're off to the races my friend!

Probably. I was looking for dumps today, but was;t finding one that was sure to work with my DP. Full Throttle sells a dump pipe, but it says it only fits the GN1 DP. I don't even know the brand of mine.

I'd try the boost dump option first .. they are right around $125 I think ... you can get a muffler shop to help install it and match it to your downpipe I bet for $150-175 your done ...
with the dump Its closed and quiet 99% of the time .. I'd do this before you made any commitments to a full exhaust and a SLIC ..

My bet is with opening up the exhaust and better weather ( july isn't a great month to set ET's :) you will be real close to obtaining your goal.

Get the 60 foot down .. better weather , open exhaust , I bet your there .. do you have more room on the tune ?

Wit

•E85
• Budget 4.1
• Champion Ported Irons
• 120lb injectors
• Boosted Fuel Pump
• TR6 Ignition
• Accufab FPR
• 6262 .63 Turbo
• Dutt Neck Stock IC
• 3" RJC DP
• 3" Test Pipe
• RJC Power Plate
• 1" Champion Spacer
• 2800 NL Converter
• Boxed Lowers
• 275/60R15 ET Streets
With 23 mph gain on the back half and a soft 60ft and 117mph on 27 lbs on a 62mm with heads and cam I would be looking at converter flash Afr,traction and as stated by others exhaust and intercooler.

You have a few things wrong in your build based upon my experience of putting a few hundred T-R's in the 10's over the many years, and the first thing I would change is the converter, and use a 10" NL with 3400-3600 stall.

Hyper pistons have too large a dish and down in the hole .015" makes it even worse for your compression ratio, so you need lots of boost to compensate.

For $75 or so you can install a dump pipe, and not worry about the exhaust system when it is open.

If you have crappy performance leaving the line, you will never make it up at the big end to get into the 10's.