Need advice on going faster

Turboboy

I have a 87 t-top gn, with cold air kit, hooker exhuast, 3 inch downpipe, smc alcohol injection, adjustable fpr, valve springs,green stripe injectors, rear larger sway bar,air bags,160 degree thermostat, scanmaster..and im sure there are a couple other things im fogeting..
What im looking to do is go faster...I would like to go low 11's hopefully...I want it to look stock as If I pop the hood I want to be able to have the turbo cover on and such.I dont want to open up the motor and leave the stock heads and cam..Im thinkin a turbo,injectors,chip, stretch stock location innercooler...maybe convertor..trans..
But i dont even know where to start. . been reading and searching on here and theres just so much. What do you experts think?
What turbo and size? Thanks in advance.

What kind of times are you are you running now? Without knowing where you are now it's kinda hard to tell. With that setup you could be close other than the trans and converter. But there are that have gone very quick with the stock setup. Look foward to your reply. Jon Hanson

well last time i went with just the stuff in my sig i went 13.2 with just tuning and about 19 pounds of boost...Im wanting to get a turbo so i only want to order one and build it right. thanks

Lose as much weight as you can. Fiberglass or composite fenders, hood, etc. At one time bowling Green Customs had a whole composite body & it was under $10,000.

Alcohol can be somewhat hidden.

Cam, cubic inches, bigger stock appearing turbo.

Most important is tune tune tune. Did I mention Tune.

Stockdale was in the 10's with a stock appearing setup & tuned by Red.

but with all seriousness..I just want it stock looking to the normal person who doesnt know much about these cars. there are guys on here saying they can run high 11's on the stock turbo...it is time to replace the turbo and I want to know what to get..maybe a ta 49..or little bigger..?

Buy a used TA-61 turbo. It looks stock and will go low elevens no problem. On my old motor, I went 11:17 @122 with a 1.50 60'. This was with a TA-61, V4 slic, Champion ported irons, 91 oct gas and Razor's alky.

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard