!!Need advice on a Heart transplant!!

Vin1987GN

My friend and i are going to transpalant a 87 turbo buick drive train in to an 80 camaro does anyone know what modifactions this will require? We are on a very limeted time frane and need to have this done in a weekend i'm aware that it will require a fule pump and probalby trans and motor mounts the engine we are getting is complete and has the computer any help or advice wiould be greatly appreciated thanks

That's not going to be a weekender job... you could hack it in there that quick and have it running I guess but I don't think you'll be happy with the end result.
Be glad to help with advice any time as others will too.
~Scott

I just did one in a 85 Monte carlo SS.

Make sure you get the motor mounts AND the frame pads! I have a G-body, so the frame pads just mounted up.

IMG_00631.jpg

If it doesnt look like you have the holes in your frame for this, you better know how to weld.

Also, if you have the FULL engine harness and computer you should be fine. But unless you plan on working on this from friday to Monday non stop without food and sleep and you have an endless resource of odds and ends, you are out of your mind if you think youll get it done in a weekend.

You will get it IN in a weekend, but you wont have it driving around.

Took me a week and a half and I had TIME.

hybrid

:confused: :D I'm getting started putting one in a 86 ss and allready have a buch of questions.

Send me an email at NothinYet025@gmail.com

I just got done with the swap a couple months ago so its all still fresh in my mind. I check this email once a day, so ask away.

BTW... its fantastic, and you will love your car more than you ever thought you could with this setup.