Need Advice from the LS1/Fbody Guys!

kTrainHurricane

Vader Drives a GN
I am interested in this car: 2002 B4C For Sale - LS1TECH

My question is basically "Will it be reliable?" I want to know whether or not I would safebly be able to use this car as a daily driver if need-be. I sent the seller an email and received a reply. They read:

Originally Posted by kTrainHurricane
Hey I am very interested in the car - I just sold a car and got the "bug" to get back into an Fbody. I had a Formula a few years ago and loved it, but to be honest I am not the most knowledgeable person in regards to the Fbody or LS1, so please forgive my ignorance with the following few questions...

a). I was wondering whether or not the car had a clean title? I did not see anything related to that mentioned.

b). Can you honestly say that this car would make a reliable daily driver? A/C work properly? Any problems or "bugs" that the car has that should be addressed?

c). When you ran those times of 11.6, were you spraying? Or was that all motor?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

a) Yes I have the clean title in hand

b) As far as I know it should be fine as a daily driver, it hasn't given me any issues.I don't drive it much because it is my 3rd car but I routinely take it on 200 mile round trips of city/interstate when I do take it out and have no problems. It is loud, cops haven't hassled me about it but they may where you live, hard to say.
The only bug is the fuel pump check valve lets the pump lose it's prime so you have to cycle the key on-off and on again 3 times to prime it when it hasn't been run then it fires right up and has no issues while running. The A/C blows cold.

c) The car has never had nitrous.

My cell is 941-705-1829, leave a message and I'll call back if I can't answer.

They make really FUN DD's and you can beat the snot out of them and they keep going. I miss my 99 WS6

They make really FUN DD's and you can beat the snot out of them and they keep going. I miss my 99 WS6

Well, this comment seems to be about Fbody cars in general...

I was wondering more along the lines of this particular car, with the specific setup it has + work done to it.

You want to take a car that was owned by the state, operated by an unknown number of troopers for over 100,000 hard miles (i.e. lots of acceleration, LOTS of idling, etc.) and then modified and RACED by the third owner - and expect it to be a reliable daily driver? :confused:

LS1s are awesome engines, and yes they make great daily drivers with a lot of performance still on tap. But it sounds like you already know you want an LS1. This particular car however? Umm, no. Actually, hell no.

My $0.02.

You want to take a car that was owned by the state, operated by an unknown number of troopers for over 100,000 hard miles (i.e. lots of acceleration, LOTS of idling, etc.) and then modified and RACED by the third owner - and expect it to be a reliable daily driver? :confused:

LS1s are awesome engines, and yes they make great daily drivers with a lot of performance still on tap. But it sounds like you already know you want an LS1. This particular car however? Umm, no. Actually, hell no.

My $0.02.

Thank you very much...exactly the type of response I was looking for. To be honest I never really knew troopers drove the cars that hard but I guess it makes sense. The more I thought about it the more I realized I'd rather go will a closer-to-stock car and do my own mods anyway. Thanks again though!

To be honest I never really knew troopers drove the cars that hard but I guess it makes sense.

What would you do if someone gave you a 300+HP muscle car and let you drive it with absolutely no responsibility for maintenance, fuel, or regard for speed limits? :biggrin:

Good choice on going for closer to stock. LS1s are absolutely awesome engines! But if you must mod...mod it yourself. ;)

Good luck searching...

What would you do if someone gave you a 300+HP muscle car and let you drive it with absolutely no responsibility for maintenance, fuel, or regard for speed limits? :biggrin:

I would respect the law by driving with caution and abiding by all speed limits, if for no other reason than to set an example for others just as any other Police Officer would be expected to :rolleyes:

Might be me but I think buying a used cop car is a gamble. I've heard some are actually good deals in which the cop actually took care of the car....while others are hanging on by a thread. Depends on the driver. But good points have been made, some cops probably even take their cars out on public highways and do burnouts and 180 slides and such. kTrainHurricane I hear you on your last response but not all cops uphold the law, some of them actually knowingly break it.

Might be me but I think buying a used cop car is a gamble. I've heard some are actually good deals in which the cop actually took care of the car....while others are hanging on by a thread. Depends on the driver. But good points have been made, some cops probably even take their cars out on public highways and do burnouts and 180 slides and such.
Yeah i understand now. This car is no longer being considered, so mods/admins feel free to lock or delete. Thanks for the input to those who helped!

kTrainHurricane I hear you on your last response but not all cops uphold the law, some of them actually knowingly break it.
I was actually being 100% sarcastic with my reference to them - every cop I have ever encountered "knowingly" breaks the law and it drives me F***** NUTS, especially when they have the nerve to write me a window tint ticket and nothing else....