Need advice for best way to really clean-up stock TTYPE wheels!

I wish I had a set to try it on... At work we have a dustless media blaster at work that uses walnut shells, crushed glass, soda, etc.
It is aggressive enough to remove rust and paint, or delicate enough to remove ink from a business card and not ruin the card stock.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

That would be awesome! If I was closer I might have brought u mine. Lol!

I believe it would. 6 months so far on the RV aluminum rims and only a damp cloth and /or soap and water to clean. Makes them look polished again! :)
I bought the Mini Kit...was plenty for wheels. A little goes a long way.
Thank you! I will definitely look into that for my other wheels then!

Blast them then powder coat them. Silver, clear.... They'll look nice when their done.

Still not ruling that out option. If I did that, it probably wouldn't be until next summer as I have a lot of my funds going into another build. Just looking to do a cheaper quick/solid clean up at this time. I'm sure they have never had a solid cleaning.

Still not ruling that out option. If I did that, it probably wouldn't be until next summer as I have a lot of my funds going into another build. Just looking to do a cheaper quick/solid clean up at this time. I'm sure they have never had a solid cleaning.

Powder coat silver/grey with pro radials.

Attachments

• IMG_0818.JPG
    IMG_0818.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 66
You will thank me when your done.dont let it sit on your wheels to long.
cf1929500e879ef1a9ae4463bebcbdc2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Thanking you cuz I'm done!(y) Appreciate it! This stuff is the truth!

Before and after shot below.

Attachments

• IMG_9475.JPG
    IMG_9475.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_9480.JPG
    IMG_9480.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
So I used the Eagle 1 Mag Wheel Cleaner. I cleaned the wheels front and back with one of those heavy duty black "toothbrush" style brushes and a bigger brush as well. It took me a few hours due to mounting and unmounting the wheels then I washed my car. The backside of the wheels were so filthy. I don't think they were EVER cleaned. So I used some ADAMS Polish wheel cleaner and let it sit, then some elbow grease and rinsed. Then I proceeded with the Eagle 1 Mag Cleaner for th back side of the wheels. On the front I used the Mag Cleaner only. It worked very well! I'm happy with it. Next summer I might powered coat them. But this will get me thru the summer and year.

Appreciate all the suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_9481.JPG
    IMG_9481.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_9479.JPG
    IMG_9479.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 91
Thank you! I was surprise myself! Shined right up.

I forgot to mention, that is one good looking car you have there, I love the Turbo Regal ........ For what ever reason, GN's get all the respect.

Good for them, I've owned one.

They are cool assed cars and they deserve the mystique. However, a good deal of us "rogue" TR owners somehow just manage to keep showing up with some pretty nice examples, again and again........... AND our cars don't all look exactly like the one right next to it.....;)

No offence intended to all you GN owners......... but we have some cool assed cars, too.

Often times cleaner, lower mileage and better maintained than yours, and when it comes to unique, well, just plain cooler than your everyday GN.

Pull pin, throw grenade.............. :cool:

Attachments

• 191.JPG
    191.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 46
  • 192.JPG
    192.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 49
  • 193.JPG
    193.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 42
Last edited: