Need advice for a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y the $ price ?

No just the fact that he is the only one that alot of local Bay Area peeps go to. Couldnt afford his rates to get my car tuned or I would have had him work on my car. I finally figured them out with help from alot of people here that I have never even met. Good luck on your deal.

Check This Out Gear644 Its Says Looking For Advice So If You Got Advice Then Give Some If You Dont Then Just Keep Your Mouth Closed Also Dont Open Your Mouth And Then When Something Is Said Dont Tuck Your Tail Between Your Legs And Say Be Careful With What U Say Because It Could Bite U In Your A$$ Or Wallet So Look Me In Your Friend Already Talked Things Out So Thats All I Have To Say About That

Check This Out Also Dont Go Around Calling People Names Because I Dont Know How People Take That Stuff In Socal But Around Here We Dont Play Around Like That.that Like Pushing On Us So Dont Push If You Dont Want To To Be Pushed Back. If U Have Anymore Problems Or U Have Something To Say Tell Your Buddy To Give U My Num And We Could Talk Our Meet And Discuss Our Diff

boy, the immaturity and bullsheet level is really getting deep on this thread,we have guys insulting one anothers intelligence and we have guys talking about scraps and norcaca. i hope shane shuts this down all ready since we can't play right in this sand box

DAMMMM... I thought we were the only ones that had the winter blue's up here in the freezing north east :eek: read my #27 post again :p :biggrin:

This thread is closed for now. I got a feeling there are some old members posting as new here:confused:

Some IP checks and some time to CHILL OUT WITH THE NAME CALLING AND THREATS!

O and moving it to the SW section, no surprise this came from there:rolleyes:

I don't know those 2 shops mentioned but I would think twice about the "Buick Expert" thing... Not knocking anyone but...
I have heard of alot of "buick experts" that didn't really no squat....

A car of that level should have been checked out... Surely checked out before running it. I have bought many cars that have been modified. First thing we did on each one was spring cleaning and change the oil. I wouldn't care who it came from... If they car had a blown HG you should have seen something in the oil, or a tremendous amount of oil blowout, or at least HEARD IT! Before I made a pass in any of the cars I TURNED DOWN THE BOOST!!!!!

I am by no means a mechanic but I have blown several HG's on these cars, Jay can't believe it he swears I can tear up a tank:biggrin: Anyway each time it happened I knew as soon as it happened. I could either here it, look at the oil, or check the compression. It is not hard to tell if it was damaged that badly....

I can't imagine the car running an 11 with that slow a 60ft if they problem was already there. Something should have been noticeably wrong before and during the run...

If people are PM'ing you telling you they had proir knowlegde of it, do something with that. The facts as posted here are not to much on your side. I am very sorry this happened! I know the hurt trust me... I have dumped more money into this stuff then I want to remember. If the car was properly checked as a race car of this caliber should have been before a run you would have probably caught the problem.

I will reopen this in a couple of days once everyone remembers to stop cussing:wink:

I saw this car in person on the night it blew a head gasket. It's a real sweet ride however it was popping during the burnout and while going down the track. Dipstick revealed the milkshake.... Gotta be perfect with the tune when running 109 blocks. There are only 8 head bolts. I hope you get it fixed soon as I'd live to see it run. I was drooling over the car and sad to see it wounded. Considering the damage to the engine, not just blown head gaskets, I do not think any turbo buick vendor would cut corners and do the job any less for what was quoted. Especially for a true 9 second 109 block car.

I saw this car in person on the night it blew a head gasket. It's a real sweet ride however it was popping during the burnout and while going down the track.

sooooo ..something was goin on right from the start in the burnout box.. why would you continue the run ?? and how is this is the previous owners fault :confused: ?? Oh I have watched other Buicks for years doin the same thing .. boggles my mind what they are thinking with their foot burried on the pedal :rolleyes:

sooooo ..something was goin on right from the start in the burnout box.. why would you continue the run ?? and how is this is the previous owners fault :confused: ?? Oh I have watched other Buicks for years doin the same thing .. boggles my mind what they are thinking with their foot burried on the pedal :rolleyes:

Grumpy, I agree with you. If there was something wrong right from the get go, then why did the car still run down the track?

Also, I just dont understand how the previous owner is held accountable for the repairs of this car. I understand the car was sold as a "9" sec car, but, with these cars, a lot depends on the driver. I know my car with the right driver can do high 11's but with me driving it will do 16's.

Once a person buys an "as-is" vehicle, the new owner assumes all liability for the vehicle. Vehicles have many mechanical devices, which, are made by humans, which as we all know, mechanical devices break. With that being said, if the car blew up, its the owners problem. Esp, with 109 blocks, EVERYTHING needs to be checked and rechecked, and even then, engines STILL can fail.

Grumpy, I agree with you. If there was something wrong right from the get go, then why did the car still run down the track?

Also, I just dont understand how the previous owner is held accountable for the repairs of this car. I understand the car was sold as a "9" sec car, but, with these cars, a lot depends on the driver. I know my car with the right driver can do high 11's but with me driving it will do 16's.

Once a person buys an "as-is" vehicle, the new owner assumes all liability for the vehicle. Vehicles have many mechanical devices, which, are made by humans, which as we all know, mechanical devices break. With that being said, if the car blew up, its the owners problem. Esp, with 109 blocks, EVERYTHING needs to be checked and rechecked, and even then, engines STILL can fail.
dang! and i thought i was a bad driver

+1 SYTECH

That car was Amazing! A head gasket is nothing. As SYTECH said the car went from 11's to mid 9's. I would say with over 200+ runs with not one issue. That motor you have is one of the strongest well built engines I have yet to see. If there was an Engine that you could compare to the Energizer Bunny this is the one.
KABOOM!

Status
Not open for further replies.