Need a turbo history lesson

youngstr

ok, can anyone tell me what turbo with what housing came stock on an 84 T type and what (if different) came on an 85 T type?

I see stock cores with Garrett housings and then I see turbos sold as rebuilt stockers that have either a garrett housing or an air research housing, so I am now a bit confused, and need to know this so I know what I need to send to Limit engineering so I can get them to convert it to a fresh TA33, all limit told me is that I need an 85 stock core. :confused:

Turbo

ok, can anyone tell me what turbo with what housing came stock on an 84 T type and what (if different) came on an 85 T type?

I see stock cores with Garrett housings and then I see turbos sold as rebuilt stockers that have either a garrett housing or an air research housing, so I am now a bit confused, and need to know this so I know what I need to send to Limit engineering so I can get them to convert it to a fresh TA33, all limit told me is that I need an 85 stock core. :confused:

No difference the exact same turbo and set up. Cone with 2 o-rings.

So it doesn't matter which housing is on it? garrett or air research? ur saying its the same wheel inside and the housing sizes are similar?

Turbo

So it doesn't matter which housing is on it? garrett or air research? ur saying its the same wheel inside and the housing sizes are similar?

C'mon guy sometimes when you go to the auto parts store and buy a part for your car more than one company makes an exact fit replacement part. Get the picture?

What is the name of the Turbo? I need a rebuild kit and I have no idea what series Garret it is.

yep, makes sense. Just want to feel sure about it before I throw money out. thanx for the info. And with that info that would mean that a seal set for an 85 stock turbo would work for either one cause it's the same part made by different companies.