Need a small favor

trixdout

Well since I've had trouble trying to find appropriate metal tubing to make car stands to put under each wheel (while mounted on the car) that could support 1 ton each. I've come to the conclusion I either need to make a trip to a lumber yard or homedepot and make the same stands out of wood. I can either do that or rent a lift from someone so that I can do the clutch change on my daily vehicle.

So my question to you fellow TR brethren is..... Who has got a lift they could spare me for a few hours? I'll gladly pay to borrow the lift. I would bring my own tools. I would bring the beer as well. Sources say the clutch swap on my daily should take 6-10 hours (6 being a person who has done this a few times).

I'm located in Clifton, NJ.

Well.. You can use my lift! I live in Mass though lol. Build some stands out of 2x4. I've built a set myself. Pretty easy. I can't remember the dimensions but basically you make a rectangle log cabin style. If that makes sense?

Well.. You can use my lift! I live in Mass though lol. Build some stands out of 2x4. I've built a set myself. Pretty easy. I can't remember the dimensions but basically you make a rectangle log cabin style. If that makes sense?
Oh yea I have an idea how to make the stands. I wouldn't mind driving up for the day but I don't know how your schedule will work.

Oh boy, I looked at your location and its 4 hours away :eek:

I used the plastic rhino ramps and 4 jackstands when I replaced the clutch in my vette, why wouldn't that work? A real lift would be easier though for sure.