Need a new IC pipe but Precision doesn't sell them anymore!

Adrian87

I have an 87 GN with a Precision front mount - long story short the pipe from the throttle body to the IC blew off and it pretty well damaged. I'd prefer to just put a new pipe on it vs figuring out how to get the dents out and straighten the pipe so it lines up again.

I called PTE direct and they stopped selling them 3 years ago. Anyone know if another vendors pipe will work with this intercooler?

I called Cottons but they don't have anything, still waiting for Gbody parts to call back, and GN1 Performance is not sure if their pipe will work or not.

We rigged up a vacuum cleaner hose and duct tape to get home!
08QOwRA.jpg

True, thanks. I am just going to order the one from GN1, it looks nearly identical in all the bends. I will post back if it bolts up without issue.

Crap hit sent before I wrote anything haha. But I ran my pipes inside the car instead of under because I did not want them banged up and everything when they blow off or just parking and pulling too far over a parking stop. Just a thought, have to move battery to trunk but I like it, gives so much room in front of the motor also.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I just ordered the one from GN1 and we cut some material out of the middle and welded it back together. I have a buddy that can fab these, in bulk, for a great price, BUT we need a perfect Precision pipe to model from to start with. If anyone has one we can borrow, I can at least get you a free pipe out of it, as long as we get enough guys that need these. I called various vendors looking for the Precision pipe when this started and I think it was Cotton's that had 20+ on backorder for folks but no way to source them. If any vendors want to give a list of who needs these I can get something going.

I just ordered the one from GN1 and we cut some material out of the middle and welded it back together. I have a buddy that can fab these, in bulk, for a great price, BUT we need a perfect Precision pipe to model from to start with. If anyone has one we can borrow, I can at least get you a free pipe out of it, as long as we get enough guys that need these. I called various vendors looking for the Precision pipe when this started and I think it was Cotton's that had 20+ on backorder for folks but no way to source them. If any vendors want to give a list of who needs these I can get something going.
I've got one

I got one from turbo to IC. Im bringing to BG, has dent in it is the reason I don't use it, Definitely useable tho

I'll take it if Adrian doesnt want it. Mine is very dented up.

Mine isnt for sale. Its if he needs one for his fabricator to copy

Ok maybe I should start a new post? Bison, thanks for the offer, everyone else, I think my friend is pretty sure he can fab these up to sell for around $75 each if we can get a few in the queue. I know I'd prefer to have the correct piece and it looks like a few others would too.

FYI this guy is VERY good at what he does, I would be thrilled to pay him $75 for a correct pipe. He worked on mine more than once to make sure it was right, even though we had to cut more than once, and only charged one price. Did a great job, would ship from San Antonio TX.

Ok maybe I should start a new post? Bison, thanks for the offer, everyone else, I think my friend is pretty sure he can fab these up to sell for around $75 each if we can get a few in the queue. I know I'd prefer to have the correct piece and it looks like a few others would too.

FYI this guy is VERY good at what he does, I would be thrilled to pay him $75 for a correct pipe. He worked on mine more than once to make sure it was right, even though we had to cut more than once, and only charged one price. Did a great job, would ship from San Antonio TX.
Im in for $75