Need a new IC pipe but Precision doesn't sell them anymore!

Adrian87

I have an 87 GN with a Precision front mount - long story short the pipe from the throttle body to the IC blew off and it pretty well damaged. I'd prefer to just put a new pipe on it vs figuring out how to get the dents out and straighten the pipe so it lines up again.

I called PTE direct and they stopped selling them 3 years ago. Anyone know if another vendors pipe will work with this intercooler?

I called Cottons but they don't have anything, still waiting for Gbody parts to call back, and GN1 Performance is not sure if their pipe will work or not.

We rigged up a vacuum cleaner hose and duct tape to get home!
08QOwRA.jpg

i would try the gn1 pipe, it should work. their extreme IC is basically same size as the precision without the mounting ears

The GN1 pipe arrives today. I will report back on fitment in case anyone else runs into this situation.

Let me know how it fits. I am in the same situation with the pipe from the turbo to intercooler. Did you have to purchase bote pipes or just the one you need?

John

Well, it SORT OF fits. I had to trim down the TB to IC coupler, and the angle is still sort of funny from the pipe going into the IC. I cannot get the coupler there to stay attached under boost. Looking for a longer coupler today that will hopefully solve this.

I bought a gn1 pipe set too. like you said... not a good fit.

cut and weld cut and weld.......

Just an update. The GN1 pipe does not fit well. I had it cut and welded, much better but I am still having problems blowing off couplers. I ordered 2 of the double hump couplers from the link above along with several new T bolt clamps, hopefully I can have it held together and get to the track next Friday.

I have a local guy that is willing to build a bunch of the correct pipes for cheap, but I need a good Precision pipe for him to model from. Hit me up if you have one you can loan out for a bit and we can get several of these built. I am sure it will be under $100. I think closer to $75. This guy is good.

I just cut mine for my dual fans, so I don't have a good set to send out. But I'm in if you run a batch of replacement pipes!

Just an update. The GN1 pipe does not fit well. I had it cut and welded, much better but I am still having problems blowing off couplers. I ordered 2 of the double hump couplers from the link above along with several new T bolt clamps, hopefully I can have it held together and get to the track next Friday.

I have a local guy that is willing to build a bunch of the correct pipes for cheap, but I need a good Precision pipe for him to model from. Hit me up if you have one you can loan out for a bit and we can get several of these built. I am sure it will be under $100. I think closer to $75. This guy is good.
I've been kicking this issue around myself, I think the cheapest way out of this Is too mock up pipes using schedule 40 pvc from Home Depot and then take the the pipes quality exhaust shop and have then mimic the pvc. I've heard of guys running pvc but Imo wouldn't trust it for anything other than driving to an ex shop