Need a drum

ACLR8R

I just got a call from my tranny guy and he told me that I need a new drum. He wants new, not reman'd because he says it wont last in my car. Where can I get one, do they have any heat treated?

Thanks

www.CKPerformance.com if it is the forward drum here is a link to our billet piece.in house machined,over 700 in service ,not one failure,lowest pricing.if it is the direct drum we stock rebuild drums for 89.00.you may find the direct drum new at a gm dealership.

a rebuilt one will work fine however if he insists on a new one check with delco,but if hes a trans shop he should have a delco warehouse that he deals with.

He told me that he wants a new one because the used ones get warped and heat checked to easily. He called a dealership and they said it was discontinued.

Ive run turned drums in my car over 700 ft lbs with no problems. Probably thousands of ratio changes under high torque. Taking .005-.010 off a direct drum is not a problem as long as the drum is not wavy after its cut. Ive used turned drums over 20 times with no problems in TR's that ran faster than 12.50 in the quarter. I doubt you will have a problem if you have a competent machinist turn one for you. They get warped and heat checked when they werent set up right form the beginning. Alto red wide band, proper servo, proper band clearance ,and line pressure will keep it going strong for a long time. Replace the 2 bushings in the drum also. If they are worn the drum will not be central when the band applies causing slippage and band failure.