Need 2 or 3 eeproms

dthrock

Need 2 or 3 eproms

Anyone have 2 or 3 eproms they dont need? I need a few for race, street, and spare. Hoping someone bought in quantity and has a few lying around. If you do shoot me a price for them.

Dave

Originally posted by turbofrank
Chips for which car and stock inj's for the TTA?

Mainly for the GN, but one street chip for the TTA.

I have a couple of chips somewhere but they dont want to burn. Always come back with errors after an erase. I think I pitched most of them.

Dave

Originally posted by dthrock
Mainly for the GN, but one street chip for the TTA.

I have a couple of chips somewhere but they dont want to burn. Always come back with errors after an erase. I think I pitched most of them.

Dave

What burner are you using??

Thanks, just trying to gather some data, for this research I've started.
There are a LOT of people now trying to do their own chips.
And there are a LOT of people now starting to complain a lot about chips that, 1. won't burn.
2. If they do burn, they act real funky when driven.

I suffered these same problems years ago when I had an EMB-10 burner (cheap junk). Burns would look perfect, but put the chip in the car, and things would start going crazy when you got the car running :confused:

I've now started seeing a similar trend with all these pocket programmers out there. Don't know yet what that's telling me, since I don't have a good feel for what other brands are floating around out there.

Maybe I should start a poll and ask what types are being used?

I use the Pocket Programmer 2. I have more problems with the type of chips. Maybe the quality of 2732's is going down. After trying chips from about everywhere, the ones that burn every time and work well for me come from JDR. The "2732A-2FI 21V FAST". I have not had a single failure with these. I also received some from Bob at BM Computer Source that worked very well (I forgot what kind they were.)
On the other end of the spectrum are those "raised window" chips. Those are evil evil evil. I bought 5 of those one time, and 3 were junk, and the other 2 only burned once and died.

I admit I can't compare the PP2 to other burners because I've never had another one. Maybe I could burn all types of 2732's with a better burner (even raised windows)? I dunno...

Regards,
Eric

This actually list as 2732A-200
EPROM(2732A-2F1)4KX8 21VPPG 24CERDIP. Just an fyi as when I tried to search the site for the name listed below I had no luck. I just bought 5 of them (what the hell, have 2 sets in case one dies).

Dave

Originally posted by Eric Stage I
I use the Pocket Programmer 2. I have more problems with the type of chips. Maybe the quality of 2732's is going down. After trying chips from about everywhere, the ones that burn every time and work well for me come from JDR. The "2732A-2FI 21V FAST". I have not had a single failure with these. I also received some from Bob at BM Computer Source that worked very well (I forgot what kind they were.)
On the other end of the spectrum are those "raised window" chips. Those are evil evil evil. I bought 5 of those one time, and 3 were junk, and the other 2 only burned once and died.

I admit I can't compare the PP2 to other burners because I've never had another one. Maybe I could burn all types of 2732's with a better burner (even raised windows)? I dunno...

Regards,
Eric

You're right, I read what was printed on the chip itself. The chips you bought are the same ones I get.

Thanks,
Eric