Nc Spring Get Together

N20LS1Brandon

I AM AN IDIOT!
I figured we could try this one again. Since the weather played the spoiler a few weeks ago maybe we can get some sunshine this time.

Right now the date is set for april 19th.
The location is Fuddruckers resturant in Hickory NC.
It will begin at around 7 pm unless everyone would like to move the time forward to have more daylight to see the cars, but that is up to you.

We have permission from the resturant to stay and BS in the parking lot as long as we would like with no police hassels as long as no one does any burnouts in the parking lot. Last fall we had at least 50-60 people out and everyone had a great time.

There will be people from about 10 other message boards, and will give everyone a chance to see other types of cars and their set ups.

If you have never been up to Hickory there is also a cruise strip that begins right across from the resturant.

Also the resturant manager told me that if the turnout is good along with the weather he would like to take pictures of all of the cars and have them blown up and put in the resturant.

I have also recieved word that their may be a dyno day in taylorsville which is about 30 min from Hickory the same day. Please post up if you would like to attend of need more informantion. Hope you can make it out.
Thanks Brandon S.

We'll be there if no rain shows up. Joe and I work our tails off on my car last time, just so it could sit in the shop. That turbo, timing chain, water pump, torque converter install tool may have be used, but boy did it do the job.;)

I am praying for no rain this time. I think it would be really cool to have the pictures of the cars put up in the resturant like the manager wants to do. And this time i will try not to blow my car up before the meet. LOL. And I see there is another meet for NC planned on the same date. Maybe you could talk those guys into making it out with us and how much fun it has been the last couple of times.

A couple of guys over on LS1.com were wanting to get a few people together and go dyno before heading back to Hickory for the night. Let me know if you want more info on the dyno and I will get it for you.

Where are the rest of you buick guys that came out last fall? It was an amazing sight to see 10 GN's, a typhoon, a cyclone, and a turbo regal in one place at once. I really hope all of you and more can make it back out for the spring get together.

I've stopped in and talked with the guy in Taylorsville before. Real nice guy, he has lots of nice pieces and one 85 GN with an 87 drive train. When I asked about his dyno, he said that you get 3 pulls for $50 or $100 an hour. Can't remember the guy's name, but I bet Travis T would know he lives down there.

Hi, Guys. Yes, Darrin Hoyle is the fellows name that owns the dyno. He has a 87 Gn for sale now. Pretty nice ride, but has been hit a couple times. Hope to see you guys on the 19th!:D

Getchasum I will send you some info on the dyno in just a little bit. I am going to ask my friend Rob what the deal is with it. See if you guys can't round up the rest of the buick guys to make it out with us. Maybe you could talk the guys that have a meet planned on the same day as this one to move theirs to hickory. Not likely to happen but just a thought.

Originally posted by N20LS1Brandon
Getchasum I will send you some info on the dyno in just a little bit. I am going to ask my friend Rob what the deal is with it. See if you guys can't round up the rest of the buick guys to make it out with us. Maybe you could talk the guys that have a meet planned on the same day as this one to move theirs to hickory. Not likely to happen but just a thought.

Bring them on out Guys. Maybe we should add the fact of all the hot cars and HOT BABES running around Hickory!:eek:

For real you want be disappointed of the action there. Last weekend there was cars being hauled in, for the late night maddness. White's Tires seems to be the place where the heavy hitters show up at (late).

I want be able to make it out until about 7:00 or 8:00. I have to work that Sat.:(

You were in Hickory last weekend? I was up there Fri night with my car and a friends red z 28. Though the weather turned bad once we got up there it was stil packed. I thought I may get a quick run in with a C5 vette that a plates that said "Go WING" but then i started raining so I didn't even bother. Also where is Whites Tires? As many times as i have been up there I have never seen it. Though I don't really consider myself a heavy hitter, but being 20 usually gives me an advantage because I am almost always underestimated on what I have. LOL

I ment the weekend before, it was Sat night. White's is West on 70, about 3 to 4 miles up on the left from Fudruckers.

Mind is kind of cloudy form these 60hrs plus work weeks.

Hickory, NC

Guys- Just got back from spending a week in Hickory. We were up there visiting family. I was hoping to see a few turbo buicks up there, but no dice. I did see a few nice 80's MCSS, a really nice 69 plymouth Road Runner, and way more ugly big winged,fart-can equipt, all show no go imports.----- By the way, I went to Hickory Motor Speedway on Saturday and had a blast. Love Hickory and NC in general and would like to move out there some day.

take care, Ben

Hey guys!!! For the DYNO day we need a possible count on how many will be there. The more that show the cheaper it will be for us. What time would you guys like to try and start the runs?? I am going to call in a copule of days to get it set up.
Let me know what you think. Brandon if you could let these guys know the best way to get there. I'm sure most of them will be coming from that direction. I'll post up more details when a time and count is decided. Hope to see a big turnout like last fall!!!!!!!!!!

Well Rob I came over here to post the link up and you already beat me to the info.

Getchasum I was up in Hickory tonight and saw a White tire that was right beside movie theater and Hamricks. Is that the one you were talking about? I only saw a couple of cars there few stangs and a f-body but it was about 1230 when I went by. And I got a couple of races as well. One being a 350Z with an Asian kid driving. After the race his words were "WOW that thing is fast, you kick my ass, you must have beat me by 20 cars." LOL and the other was a LT1 Z that seemed to have the juice but after a quick run on 321 from 50-100 he let us go on our merry way.

That's the Place

Sometimes it hit and miss as far cars showing up. Most of the fast cars hang out there, away from all the traffic, and the dudes with the potato gun exhaust systems.

If there are 6 sec cars there I don't want any of them anyways. LOL
Everything is still on for the 19th, make it out if you can.

Ok I noticed on the other thread there seems to be some mud slinging going on. Please do mot bring that crapon my thread. Everyone is welcome to come and hang out on the 19th. But if you plan on showing up to start crap please do not bother. I have laready spoke to the restrant manager and if that occurs he will have you removed from the resturant area. This is put together for everyone to enjoy some food and cars. If you have some beef with someone please take it up some other time. Thanks