My very first motor build !!

413turbo

my first motor being dropped off last year at Grimes in Atlanta. It's taken my a few years of collecting the parts for this build, some were bought right here off turbobuick.com. Yeah, it's mainly stock parts, but i still have small fortune in what i have and it is my 1st build. Now to see if the reading, research, and years of development from my fellow buick brothers will pay off.
IMG00545-20110602-1605.jpg

Little east of atlanta. Yeah, I know, that's why I used him. And he is easy to get hold of. Maybe not so much b4 the sale, but since I've paid and picked it up, he has been there so far for my questions. for a man with such a nice shop and reputation in engine building, he has really surprised me with his patience and understanding in working with a nobody, broke, newcomer like me. Gary Grimes has been top notch, I am so happy he did the work for me.

Cool! :D I pieced mine together just like that. I Started w/all stock parts then it morphed big time.:eek: Patience is key. What are some of the specs on the build? (Cam, Head, Turbo) GL!!

Steve

How much HP does the bench vise add? Always wanted to add one of those.. :p

lol.

comp 218/218 flat cam
venoila pistons used w/ .927 pin
stock heads w/ mild port and big valves
stock, but polished, crank .10/ std
scat rods

it's a 4.1 build, and i did the valley up with titanium expoxy.

While i do have xfi, 6765 turbo, ford intercooler, and all kinds of other go fast stuff. this will probably end up being a hot street car. I just got done putting a 454 w/ a 400 in a regal (soon to be clone), i'm gonna use that as my race car hopefully. it's a project in the very early stages, but most of the car, motor and trans are at least where they need to be.

SNAP!!! I blew a head on my current motor, i'm pretty sure. FIRST TIME>>>>lol.
I was heading to get records to my son's speech therapist ( She is doing an avidavit for practically nothing !!! YAH!!!!!! ) (ty, ty, ty ) lol
so anyway... i'm pretty sure I wasn't paying attention and put 87 in it. wasn't monitoring the laptop until several hours later, it was knocking here and there,, pretty bad.....

Now I still have a cam and several other things that i was gonna to put into the stock motor once it was out, and then shelf it for future back up. Now, I'm wondering if I can pull it, get a cam and gaskets on it, ..... before any racing friends figure out that I have done that. I want to conviece them i just replaced the head gasket.... LOL...