My TSM build thread

I've tried cork, rubber, and now a Moroso rubber gasket with steel core. Still leaks.

Straight edge every-which-ways on the case to make sure it's straight & flat?

K.

I had purchased an art carr deep cast that leaked all over. Lonnie had to do some work to the trans, when he had it open he flat milled the pan and after that it stayed bone dry. After seeing how messed up that art carr pan was as cast I would never trust a pan right out of the box. I use a paper composite now and have zero problems.

the instructions on the moroso pan and gasket said no rtv as well. I used gasket glue though.

it's coming out on top of the gasket, not around the pan.

Just checked the post on OVOS forum, 7.39 cutoff. If you run faster you're dq'ed. Bummer.

Anyone familiar with the fuel gauge wiring? As I was sitting on the expressway at 1 a.m. last night out of gas, I thought getting the gauge to work would be a good idea. The gauge stays pegged on full all the time. The sender in the cell is working as advertised, and I'm using the reddish/pink wire in the fuel pump harness. When I bypass the sender and ground the wire the gauge won't move.

I've tried cork, rubber, and now a Moroso rubber gasket with steel core. Still leaks.

The oreilly's service kit works fine with the included rubber gasket
garage floor is still dry after 100 round trip to and from a car show( took 1st in modern muscle hehehe)

Figured out the gas gauge, it's pretty picky about where it gets a ground.

Put about 100 street miles on it this weekend, but I haven't checked the trans leak yet.

It's black ceramic coat, 2000 degree. Aesthetic finishers in Ohio did it.

year and a half. several factors contributed to that: 1) I'm lazy 2) My kids suck the life out of me 3) I messed alot of crap up and had to redo it 4) Chassis shop took longer because I kept adding stuff for them to do 5) see #1

Figured out the gas gauge, it's pretty picky about where it gets a ground.

Put about 100 street miles on it this weekend, but I haven't checked the trans leak yet.

Can you elaborate a lil more on the gauge fix being my new cell with sender should be here on weds...

The gauge didn't like any of the grounds I tried to use. When I was testing with some jumper wires and used the same ground that the old fuel pump harness was using, it responded.

9.85 at 136, 4th pass at the Nats, not much boost. Getting lots of great help from Don and Jason.