My times in the 1/8...suggestions/comments?

eodtech72

Car has a stock block/trans w/136K miles. Bought it about 3 months and it was bone stock down to the paper filter. Spring cleaning done. Stock replacement turbo(previous owner), blue top inj. w/Thrasher street chip, Hot wired 2 year old stock pump, K&N with 3" maf pipe, RJC power plate, 3.5" THDP w/dump, Hooker catback, SMC progressive alky kit. On stock wheels with 235/60's BFG Radial t/a's.
Got 4 runs in. About 45 minutes between runs.

20lbs dump open
.7779.....Reaction (Yes it sux, I know)
2.0722...60 ft
8.7171...1/8th
81.49.....mph

~22-23lbs dump open, sounded like some fluttering @ high rpm's

~20-21lbs dump open

~24lbs Dump closed, saw knock and let off (it was at a shift, opps)Think that's why mph was down... Fastest et still. Only run that I could get 5lbs built on launch.

I'm thinking the chip doesn't have enought timing and it's outdated. Putting a GT6131E ball bearing on as soon as I get the oil feed line. Also going to install some 42lb injectors that I already have, order a TT alky chip and a new fuel pump. Had Zero knock (except the shift point once) and lowest O2's at 24lbs were 750ish. All comments/suggestions welcome.

Also attaching a pic of my car. Just been repainted about a month ago. Not cut and buffed yet.

Attachments

• updated.jpg
    updated.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 220
Drag radials are definitely on the list. I just wanted to see what she could do on the stock turbo. Funny thing is, I wasn't spinning at all...? Thinking maybe low timing accounts for some of the sluggishness down low?

I;m just learning this car and have been reading everything I can since before I picked the car up. This forum has saved me alot of time and ALOT of money. I bought several parts from members on here and learned how to do things myself from other member's help/posted info....

My wife just asked me this morning..."why are you always on the same site? Does it change everyday?" Too long to explain so I just said yes.......:biggrin:

Drag radials are definitely on the list. I just wanted to see what she could do on the stock turbo. Funny thing is, I wasn't spinning at all...? Thinking maybe low timing accounts for some of the sluggishness down low?

I;m just learning this car and have been reading everything I can since before I picked the car up. This forum has saved me alot of time and ALOT of money. I bought several parts from members on here and learned how to do things myself from other member's help/posted info....

My wife just asked me this morning..."why are you always on the same site? Does it change everyday?" Too long to explain so I just said yes.......:biggrin:

Buy a wideband setup for some more accurate a/f numbers

Launching these cars is an art. I doubt timing has much to do with it. Tires would be at the very tip top of my list.

Your on the right track, ta61 and 009s are what i was running in my white limited. You might be out of fuel, depending on how much meth you plan to use. I had my injectors set on kill with 110 race gas and #6 on the smc kit to get the numbers in my sig.

I would think you could get the car into the 93 mph range if you locked the convertor and added alot of timing. I run 28° down low.

Take care

BW