My old cars.

terik.m

I thought GNs are black
Man, these pics bring back some good memories!!! When I was 14 years old my father told me that he would match me money on a new car. He would put in $3 for every $1 I brought to the table. So for two years I washed cars, mowed lawns, painted houses, shampoo carpets...I did whatever I could for two years straight and saved $5000. On my 16th birthday my dad told me to grab is smokes out his Vette. When I went outside to grab them the Nova was sitting out there with a ribbon on it. Inside the car was a keys, a gas card, and birthday card that told me I could keep the money I earned and he was just trying to prove a point that if I work hard there will be rewards. My old man will always get props for that one. I swore I was going to keep that car for the rest of my life but I didnt know in the state of California...when you get divorced....she can get pretty much whatever she wants. My exwife tried to get the car in the process of divorce so I had to do something quick because I'd rather see another car lover get it then to see that b*tch driving my first car. I traded that Nova for my TType plus the guy gave me 10k on top of the trade. Kinda sucks not having that car anymore...327/4 Speed/ Posi/ NAWWWWS

DSC00072.jpg

newpics001.jpg

newpics003.jpg

newpics008.jpg

newpics010.jpg

DSC03479.jpg

lolo.jpg

DSC02565.jpg

DSC02819.jpg

DSC02815.jpg

You have always had nice rides ... BUMMER to hear about your first one though ---

Thanks man!!! Yeah losing the Nova hurt a little bit...I lie...I friggin cried. I had some really cool plans for that car. Right before I sold it, I bought a Martin Turbo Kit from the very first run of Callaway Corvettes. I had pretty much every part to do a top end swap on the 327. I had the intake mani, carb, turbo, and exhaust manifold. I had it all mocked up on an engine stand when the ex and I split up. I didnt have access my belongings for 4 months. I let that kit go with the car. As a matter of fact I lost or sold all the cars pictured plus an e30 M3 convertible, a Lincoln Towncar on hydros, a Mazda RX2 13b turbo and 2 "X19" 125cc 4 stroke pocketbikes. She even tried to get my little junkyard turbo CRX...if you look real close under the exhaust mani you can see the little TD05 turbo I yanked from a Saab 900 at the junkyard. Man that entire ordeal sucked a**. If any of you ever have to go through that stuff.....make sure your lawyer has more horsepower than your opposition.

That nova is one of the nicest I've seen. Got more pics of it? I'd like to see some pics of your Ttype also if you have any. I already told my wife if she every divorces me (another one of those "what if" questions that came up)she won't ever see my we4. She'll have 2 options. Let me keep it, let me keep it til my daughter is 18 and hand her the keys, or I can just burn it to the ground. Lucky for me she despises the car and won't even sit in it. Hasn't rode in it since she smacked her head on the door glass when I was doing a smokey sideways burnout around a corner and the rear decided to grip! BANG!;) Couldn't have done it better myself:biggrin:

That nova is one of the nicest I've seen. Got more pics of it? I'd like to see some pics of your Ttype also if you have any. I already told my wife if she every divorces me (another one of those "what if" questions that came up)she won't ever see my we4. She'll have 2 options. Let me keep it, let me keep it til my daughter is 18 and hand her the keys, or I can just burn it to the ground. Lucky for me she despises the car and won't even sit in it. Hasn't rode in it since she smacked her head on the door glass when I was doing a smokey sideways burnout around a corner and the rear decided to grip! BANG!;) Couldn't have done it better myself:biggrin:

Thanks, I really loved that Nova. The car belonged to Diane Coddington (Boyd Coddington's exwife). The body work and pain was performed at his shop in Anaheim, Ca. My dad spotted the car outside of a tire shop when he was on his way to check on his Vettes at J&D Corvette. I initially wanted a 65 Impala SS but he objected because of the element who prefer that car. At the time I didnt agree but as I look back on it...a 16 year kid in Los Angeles shouldnt be driving around in a lowrider. Once I got the Nova, I volunteered to keep it in the garage. Later, that year I ended up taking that cash I saved and bought a DD....a Honda Civic with a ZC JDM motor. I learned a lot about imports back then, I know a lot of guys on here hate them but back then imports weren't as corny as it is now. I learned a lot from some of the pioneers of the import scene...Tony Fuchs, Darryl Meigs, Stephan Papadakis...all guys who were running under 11 second qtrs in Hondas in the mid/early 90s. Im still active in the Hot Import Night scene...mostly because the events are just plain out fun and the girls OMG!!!! Sometimes I would take my old RX2 to the shows but usually I'd take my VW to the imports show because it was unique and just really clean. I invested over 10k into that 68 Bug...it had 80mm pistons, stroker crank, ported heads, nice cam, and dual IDF 44s. That Bug attracted more girls than ANY of the cars Ive ever owned and it ran 12's. Now when go to HIN I take the TR. Suprisingly most of the kids out there know what it is and they like it. In due time I will have my collection back up to par. Ive got some more pics of the Nova and the TType in my PC I will upload them a little later.

I already told my wife if she every divorces me (another one of those "what if" questions that came up)she won't ever see my we4. She'll have 2 options. Let me keep it, let me keep it til my daughter is 18 and hand her the keys, or I can just burn it to the ground. Lucky for me she despises the car and won't even sit in it. Hasn't rode in it since she smacked her head on the door glass when I was doing a smokey sideways burnout around a corner and the rear decided to grip! BANG!;) Couldn't have done it better myself:biggrin:

This is the exact reason that she will try to take it if that ever happens.

Thanks, I really loved that Nova. The car belonged to Diane Coddington (Boyd Coddington's exwife). The body work and pain was performed at his shop in Anaheim, Ca. My dad spotted the car outside of a tire shop when he was on his way to check on his Vettes at J&D Corvette. I initially wanted a 65 Impala SS but he objected because of the element who prefer that car. At the time I didnt agree but as I look back on it...a 16 year kid in Los Angeles shouldnt be driving around in a lowrider. Once I got the Nova, I volunteered to keep it in the garage. Later, that year I ended up taking that cash I saved and bought a DD....a Honda Civic with a ZC JDM motor. I learned a lot about imports back then, I know a lot of guys on here hate them but back then imports weren't as corny as it is now. I learned a lot from some of the pioneers of the import scene...Tony Fuchs, Darryl Meigs, Stephan Papadakis...all guys who were running under 11 second qtrs in Hondas in the mid/early 90s. Im still active in the Hot Import Night scene...mostly because the events are just plain out fun and the girls OMG!!!! Sometimes I would take my old RX2 to the shows but usually I'd take my VW to the imports show because it was unique and just really clean. I invested over 10k into that 68 Bug...it had 80mm pistons, stroker crank, ported heads, nice cam, and dual IDF 44s. That Bug attracted more girls than ANY of the cars Ive ever owned and it ran 12's. Now when go to HIN I take the TR. Suprisingly most of the kids out there know what it is and they like it. In due time I will have my collection back up to par. Ive got some more pics of the Nova and the TType in my PC I will upload them a little later.

The 1965 impala SS is one of my all time favorite cars! Absolutely love them. Talk about style, those cars had it. I made a decision. Either a TR or a 65 SS, whichever came first. I actually did find a 65 SS that was still all original that was in a barn but it had been sitting so long I would have had to trailer it home. Could have got it for 1500 bucks. I had no way to get it home (it was an hour and a half away). No truck, no trailer, worst of all no money to pay for it to be brought back. The only reason I got the we4 to my house is because the guy offered to deliver it for an extra 100 bucks.
This is the exact reason that she will try to take it if that ever happens.

LOL, I think she's over it now. At least, I think she is.....

Awesome Nova, I absolutly love that body style. One of my dream cars (with a turbo 6;)).

Here' a one from when I lived in Pinole. These pics were actually taken in The City (SF for non Cali folks).

regal.jpg

cool pinole right next door to me i live in richmond :). too bad your in so cal now we could be rolling around together. check my build out on cardomain link in my sig. i really like the sf shot were was it @ i may have to roll over to get a few shots of my cutlass in the same area?

cool pinole right next door to me i live in richmond :). too bad your in so cal now we could be rolling around together. check my build out on cardomain link in my sig. i really like the sf shot were was it @ i may have to roll over to get a few shots of my cutlass in the same area?

You're Cutlass is coming along nicely. Cars like that are one of the reasons why I loved the Bay. MOTOR CANDY WHEELS BEAT...can't lose. Most of the GBody cars in SoCal are lowriders. As you can see I kinda mixed the two...big daytons on a GBody. I took the D's off while Im down here because it brings too much attention from cops and thieves.

All the pics were taken when I lived in the Bay. The Pic of my White T Type, and the Brown Cutlass was taken in South SF @ Oyster Point right next to Genentech/SF Airport. The pics of the Nova was taken @ Jays Liquor Store on Pinole Valley Rd two exits north of the Hilltop mall. In the background you can see the 80 freeway.
I had a bunch of friends that live in that area...Vallejo,Crockett, Hercules, Pinole, Richmond, and San Pablo. I kinda miss the Bay. I hung out with a few guys from Maro Boyz...sideshow crazy!!!! The people are cool up North and the night scene was off the chain. I went thru a messy divorce while living there so I came back home to SoCal to rebuild life. I was kinda bent outta shape the last few months I was there...too much liquor, THC, and women. It was fun but destructive so I had to bounce. If we would have crossed paths back then Im sure we'd smoke up a few corners.

thats cool sorry to hear about the ruff depart from the bay but i know all your spots. i lived in daly city to so and im from socal myself but moved to the bay. if your on cardomain drop me your info in a pm so i can check you out, other wise i'll just catch you around the forum. thanks bro you know thats how we do it...stay up

thats cool sorry to hear about the ruff depart from the bay but i know all your spots. i lived in daly city to so and im from socal myself but moved to the bay. if your on cardomain drop me your info in a pm so i can check you out, other wise i'll just catch you around the forum. thanks bro you know thats how we do it...stay up

Daly City...had a little tasty that lived there...you had to mention that City. Tons of sexy little Filipinas there too. OMG this girl looked so good next to me in the Cutlass or Regal...she is from South America.

l_4f9cde24e021b9210871c13c9ee74e0a.jpg

Nice VW

Man, that VW is beautiful! My first car was a 76 Beetle....$200 special that I bought when I was 15. Replaced the floor pans, stripped the paint and bondo :eek:. There weren't too many in the area I lived in PA, so it turned a lot of heads. What a great first ride. Never had the money to make it into a 12 sec car, but always wanted to transplant a 911 engine in it.

My daughter is 7 and loves the new Beetle's, says she wants one when she's 16. I'm doing my best to "convince" her that the old ones are the way to go so I can have a second chance at one that can hopefully look something like yours!

Man, that VW is beautiful! My first car was a 76 Beetle....$200 special that I bought when I was 15. Replaced the floor pans, stripped the paint and bondo :eek:. There weren't too many in the area I lived in PA, so it turned a lot of heads. What a great first ride. Never had the money to make it into a 12 sec car, but always wanted to transplant a 911 engine in it.

My daughter is 7 and loves the new Beetle's, says she wants one when she's 16. I'm doing my best to "convince" her that the old ones are the way to go so I can have a second chance at one that can hopefully look something like yours!

Thanks man!!! I spent over 10k on that Bug. I absolutely loved that car and to tell you the truth its my 2nd favorite car Ive ever owned next to the Nova. Believe it or not but I built the 2276cc engine in my garage on a workbench. I had the case punched out to accept the bigger piston barrels and had the heads ported and polished. It had a nitrated 82mm stroker crank, Web Cam .543 lift, dual Weber IDF 44 Carbs, 9:1 CR, and a 50 shot of NAWzzzz. That little thing RIPPED!!!!!! It would suprise everyone who tried to test me in it. I got tons of Mustang, Civic, and Camaro kills while driving that car. Besides the motor what really shocked people at shows was the interior. That cost me 4k to have done. I some Nicaraguan boys at a shop called O&R Interior in El Sobrante, Ca stitch that up for me. They are known for doing all the "Donk" cars' interiors in that area.

If you want to start researching a little bit more go to TheSamba.com :: Volkswagen Classifieds, photos, shows, forums, and information It's the uber forum from VW restoration and modification. The VW crowd is one of the coolest on planet earth to me. Most of them are ex hippies LoL but I'm sure that you WILL find someone in your area selling really nice platforms to begin the project. A clean Bug can be had nowadays for around $2k ie no rust, straight "rounded" panels, and a decent engine. The only thing that freaked me out about that car is safety issues...they aren't the best in crash protection. When the financial storm settles, I'm gonna build another one but this time around I'm going with a 13b rotary instead of the standard bug motor....easy 10 second car for under 5 grand.

Sweet 67 Chevy II. My family has always been into them. At one point we owned 3 hardtops and one 4 door parts car. I still have mine. But I made the same mistake as a lot of people. I ripped it apart and had it bead blasted. I started putting it together and ran out of money and ambition. It will get there one day.