My new Turbo!!

Jimmyboost87

Ok.. Just installed a brand new precision 6262 up from my TA49...the feels the same but I lost a lot power off the line!! It takes for ever to spool and I have a 3000 stall. My other mods are::

42.5 injectors,
Hot wire+pump from turbo tweak with his chip as well.

3"down pipe

Power plate

Full exhaust

ALKY

3000 stall from Fullthrothal
(There brand)

The car seems to getting good readings from the scanmaster.

Why the turbo be acting like this? This turbo should be spoiling wayyy faster no?
My boost is at 20lbs

Stall the car up and see what the rpm is at zero boost. Then report back

Ok.. Just installed a brand new precision 6262 up from my TA49...the feels the same but I lost a lot power off the line!! It takes for ever to spool and I have a 3000 stall. My other mods are::

42.5 injectors,
Hot wire+pump from turbo tweak with his chip as well.

3"down pipe

Power plate

Full exhaust

ALKY

3000 stall from Fullthrothal
(There brand)

The car seems to getting good readings from the scanmaster.

Why the turbo be acting like this? This turbo should be spoiling wayyy faster no?
My boost is at 20lbs

Pretty big difference between a 6262 and a TA49. Is the 6262 a journal bearing or dbb? What cam are you using? After market intercooler? What size convertor? (10" 9.5") Has the wastegate been set-up correctly?

My boost is at 20lbs
because nothing spools like a 49 besides a stocker, and the 62 turbo at 20lbs isn't enough boost to see a gain over the 49.

The reason is because there is about an 800rpm difference with the spool rpm between the 2 on a near stock engine v6. Possibly more if the ex housing used isn't the same casting. Like the old 49 had the Garrett .63 housing. Still goes back to what I've been saying for years. I'd never run a 62 turbine on a stock headed, near stock engine unless I had a high $ converter and planned on running boost in the 30's. Boost control will be horrendous with a 6262 at 20psi on a near stock engine. The 6262 should be used below 50lbs/min imo. You are at about 35lbs/min on a stock headed engine with 20psi boost in normal air. At that level the old turbo will feel and perform a lot better on the street and drag strip. I wouldn't even consider a 62 turbine unless I had a full weight car and wanted to run 11.20 or faster. Even then your need a bunch of other stuff to run 11.20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 6265 and feel the same. Thing is a monster once its spooled though. Working on minimizing the issue but there are always trade offs

Yo Jimmy u bought another 6262?after u sold da last one.u was in the right direction with da 49.what u have to do is bring the car to a tuner.give me pm and I'll give u some info.I have my car at Bison now.Going to use what I have now and have a HD tranny built.

I think I have my answer on turbo upgrades. Stay with my old school TE44 until I can afford a built long block and roller cam or its a waste of $$.

On my car I had to tune the transmission shift and lock schedule and this makes a huge difference in part throttle response. Launching the car the tune can make a little difference but really getting the right converter is what will make the most difference.

Yo Jimmy u bought another 6262?after u sold da last one.u was in the right direction with da 49.what u have to do is bring the car to a tuner.give me pm and I'll give u some info.I have my car at Bison now.Going to use what I have now and have a HD tranny built.
Vboost I lost your # how can I contact you?

Pretty big difference between a 6262 and a TA49. Is the 6262 a journal bearing or dbb? What cam are you using? After market intercooler? What size convertor? (10" 9.5") Has the wastegate been set-up correctly?
Stock motor.. 9.5 converter. Stock intercooler

Really man? Thought we went through all this in your other thread??

I would not sell it. Are you using the ptc 10" converter from full throttle? If there are no mechanical issues your tune could be way off.

I would not sell it. Are you using the ptc 10" converter from full throttle? If there are no mechanical issues your tune could be way off.

It's actually Fullthrothals 9.5 converter. It's a 3000 stall. Not sure of the name. It's "there brand" seems to be ok. As far as tuning I'm lost.

Really thought the converter would make it spool. It is what is I guess.
Hey jimmy, I didn't mean to bust your balls and I know things can get confusing real quick with so many giving advice. Maybe I missed it but in reading your other posts it appears as if you are going full steam ahead without knowing where you're headed to. If I'm wrong then I apologize but that kind of approach will always result in wasted money and disappointment. IMO, too much emphasis is being placed on "what's the biggest turbo can I run". Your focus should be on the "combination" of parts needed to reach your goals. Heck, bison has been in this thread and your other thread telling you that turbo was all wrong for your current setup. Sorry bro. Just trying to help...

Hey jimmy, I didn't mean to bust your balls and I know things can get confusing real quick with so many giving advice. Maybe I missed it but in reading your other posts it appears as if you are going full steam ahead without knowing where you're headed to. If I'm wrong then I apologize but that kind of approach will always result in wasted money and disappointment. IMO, too much emphasis is being placed on "what's the biggest turbo can I run". Your focus should be on the "combination" of parts needed to reach your goals. Heck, bison has been in this thread and your other thread telling you that turbo was all wrong for your current setup. Sorry bro. Just trying to help...
Na I was confused... I thought by getting the converter my problems would be solved and I could run the 6262.. Fullthrothal even told me that was the best turbo for my set up. Well... It's back to the 49 course it works. I will give it a chance though. I'm going to try to tune it and see if I can get it to work the way I want. If not than I'll sell and that's that. But yes veryyyyyyyyy frustrating!!! Now I want heads and a cam and everything else but I'm not doing it.

What don't you like about the 49? why change it if your gonna stop at 20psi,if you have alky and a tune run it up to 27# and see how you like it then..id bet theirs another 100+hp from 20-27#..

What don't you like about the 49? why change it if your gonna stop at 20psi,if you have alky and a tune run it up to 27# and see how you like it then..id bet theirs another 100+hp from 20-27#..

Ok so I have a turbo tweak chip... Eric sets the numbers at 128 as most of us know. Anyway I put the fuel at 124 and the timing at 129 and the car really woke up!! Still lots of lag though. But when she spools,,, holy crap!! So I don't know.