My New Stage II

flipmo

"Come Correct - Boosted"
After months and months of diligently searching, I finally found my car.

Duttweiler Built Stage II Grand National

PIC3.jpg

PIC1.jpg

Nice looking car Flip. . . . Any times that the previous owner had?

Hi Live4Boost. Yes, previous owner ran a 10.12 at 133 mph and that was with a failing water pump back then. It has way more in it.

Lucky Me:biggrin:

flip

Congrats on the purchase.

Flip,

Looks like you found another great streetable Stage2 ride! I have personally seen this car when it was owned by the late Fred Borthwick and it is a super clean ride:cool: Hold on to this one for a little while.:wink: :D

Flip,

Looks like you found another great streetable Stage2 ride! I have personally seen this car when it was owned by the late Fred Borthwick and it is a super clean ride:cool: Hold on to this one for a little while.:wink: :D

Thanks and yes, I will. I will not be nieve this time and give this one up. My first Stage 2 and maybe my last hopefully, as I have every intention of holding on to it for a while.

The good thing about it is, the car still has room to grow. Cal was already trying to get me to put on a 42-76 turbo and go bust mid-to-low 9s at the strip. I think before changing anything I'll fully test the limits of this 74Q turbo. The future looks good. :wink: The great thing I like is the car has a working AC with Twilight Sentinel.

flip

Congratulations Flip! You will not be disappointed. I know this car inside and out and have a bunch of great memories because of it. It is a 100% streetable Stage 2 car with a lot of potential.

Congratulations Flip! You will not be disappointed. I know this car inside and out and have a bunch of great memories because of it. It is a 100% streetable Stage 2 car with a lot of potential.

Hi Cal. I tried to call you a couple of times just to say thanks for all your help in finding this baby. But as usual, you were busy, busy, busy or out and about. I owe it to you, otherwise, I wouldn't have found this car.

I stated in the ad in the Stage II tech that it was Dutt built but assembled and tuned by Hartline Performance. Hmmmmmmmmmm, 42-76???:biggrin:

Thanks Man

flip

Awesome car Flip!

Guys that know the car, I am wondering how that atr air to liquid IC does with that much motor?

Couple More PICs

Thanks guys for the compliments. You all know how long and hard I have been looking for a reputable Stage II car. I almost lost interest in finding one, then all of a sudden I was reinvigorated to keep looking.

The cat now is out of the bag as I came very very close to buying a fellow Ohioan's Stage II, then this one came along and Cal gave me the hookup.

I have a few modifications in mind already, starting with the engine bay.

Hey, if I was to run this car competitively during the points series, what GN class could I run in?

Thanks

flip

Attachments

• PIC 2.jpg
    PIC 2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 808
  • PIC 55.JPG
    PIC 55.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 816
Hey, if I was to run this car competitively during the points series, what GN class could I run in?

Thanks

flip

Unfortunately because of the Liquid IC the answer is none of them:eek: If you switched to an air-air you could run TSE, TSL, or TSO.

BTW, Thanks for those pics that car still looks amazingly clean!!!!:cool:

Hey Flip is the turbo a 3 or 4 bolt? That will also make a difference for what class you can run in.
See ya, Kip