My New DP/Wastegate Setup (Over Kill)

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
well i finally got my new downpipe and wastegate setup done. it wasn't cheap but was well worth it. The reason i went with this setup is because of boost creep. i would launch and the boost would be at 16psi and then at the end of the track at 6100rpm it would creep to 25psi. anyways now the boost is rock solid and the spool up is insane. the turbo spools so much faster now. it runs alot better. The AMS500 is behind the glove box. it might be over kill but i dont care. so here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2215.JPG
    IMG_2215.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 981
  • IMG_2216.JPG
    IMG_2216.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 965
  • IMG_2218.JPG
    IMG_2218.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 972
  • IMG_2220.JPG
    IMG_2220.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 958
well i finally got my new downpipe and wastegate setup done. it wasn't cheap but was well worth it. The reason i went with this setup is because of boost creep. i would launch and the boost would be at 16psi and then at the end of the track at 6100rpm it would creep to 25psi. anyways now the boost is rock solid and the spool up is insane. the turbo spools so much faster now. it runs alot better. The AMS500 is behind the glove box. it might be over kill but i dont care. so here are some pics.
All i can say is give yourself a pat on the back nice work that is an very impressive setup who put the pipe together for you?

That is friggin beautiful. Good job man. Your HA is the pinnacle of HA cars by far.

Wow, is that where my money went? Impressive work. How do you like that boost controller?

up-pipe

the up-pipe is a ATR unit. the jet hoat coat wasnt the color i wanted but it still turned out great. if you look close the up-pipe is starting to change colors in spots to a dark grey. thats the same thing that happend last time. anyways my good friends out in arizona did the pipe. there located in tempe arizona. but they are also on the board.

Wow, is that where my money went? Impressive work. How do you like that boost controller?

Boost controller is great. thats one of the best parts and why i did what i did. the boost is rock solid and doesnt creep at all. set it a 20 and its 20psi +/- .5

and as far as your money yes some of it went to the pipe. well maybe just the wastegate :eek:

Down Pipe

Someone else had a set up like that on this board years ago. He sent me some pics of it I wish I could remember who it was. Only difference is his was a 3" pipe that used the stock style turbine housing. Either way it looks great I wanted to do that type of set up but I'm still running AC. External gate is the way to go though I don't get any boost creep either but mine is mounted on the crossover and vents to the atmosphere. Sounds Nasty!!!!

Hey Boost if you remember a long time ago I sold you a 3" pipe with the crossover and delta gate. Man that would be worth gold right about now.

Brent
HOLY BAT****Z BATMAN!!!! That downpipe is KILLER.... Hurry up and get some video. Pictures do not do justice to that pipe. I can imagine what it sounds like....

Someone else had a set up like that on this board years ago. He sent me some pics of it I wish I could remember who it was. Only difference is his was a 3" pipe that used the stock style turbine housing. Either way it looks great I wanted to do that type of set up but I'm still running AC. External gate is the way to go though I don't get any boost creep either but mine is mounted on the crossover and vents to the atmosphere. Sounds Nasty!!!!

Hey Boost if you remember a long time ago I sold you a 3" pipe with the crossover and delta gate. Man that would be worth gold right about now.

i remember that. i sold it back in the day. sure would be nice to have around.

another thing which is cool on this setup and i dont have pictures of it but the test pipe is a 4" with a v-band that connects to the downpipe. also it has a cutout on it as well. got to love the electric cutout

Awesome Job Brent :D , thanks for sharing, its guys like you that help keeps us Hot-Air brothers to always strive further with innovations likes yours :cool:

That's one of the nicest hot airs I seen in a while. Looks great. Did you take it to the track yet after you installed it?

That's one of the nicest hot airs I seen in a while. Looks great. Did you take it to the track yet after you installed it?

have yet to take it to the track. not sure if i will make it to the track before the WCN in phoenix this year. the car is in arizona and im in cally so its alittle hard right now. anyways the tune is alittle off right now so im working on that since boost comes up so much faster. i will let everyone know if it makes any difference in ET once i go to the WCN.