My new custom Grand National R/C car (video)

Traxxas Revo? 2.5 OR 3.3?

Sounds like its a 2.5 :cool:

I like the idea, i actually purchased a larger buick body for my Jato 3.3 before i purchased the Jato. Havent even played with it for a few months cause of the weather...

How do you check your temperatures after a WOT blast:biggrin:

I think it looks really damn good!

BW

It's actually an HPI Savage X..

to check the temp, i have a temp sensor i purchased at HobbyTown USA off of Metcalf (yea, im in KC too).. you just point it at the engine and it reads the temp..

i usually run it a little harder than you saw in the video, but in a wider area.. and check the temp right when it stops..

usually has more pick-up to it, but you know, its cold, didnt feel like tuning it just to get a little peice of footage.. will get better footage soon when it aint freezing outside

want any other info, just ask

just got into the nitro r/c's a while back, so im still kinda new to it

where'd you get your GN body for it? was it made for a nitro or what?

if yall got an extra sec while your peepin the vid, rate or or throw up a comment

appreciate it

Vid is cool. That car looks great.
Where did you get that body from?
Gotta know, gotta know....

Patrick

Took the body from a cheap R/C and modified it to fit the chasis of my nitro, painted it..ect.. you cant really see the car in detail in the vid, but it has grand national logos on it, and a buick logo across the top of the windshield, and the power6 logos in various spots

will try and get a better video up soon, and pics.. just finished putting the body onto the chasis and had to get some footage.. will have something better to show soon.

You know, id have to look at the body. I cant remember it right now... Havent messed with it for a few months.
I went to Target and in the luggage section, i purchased a huge bag that i can put my fuel,starter,truck,ect all into it for about 20.00.
It has a hard flat floor, so everything stays in place.
I believe the hobby store sells the same type of bag for 65.00-100.00

I purchased superglue at that metcalf store the day after i bought my jato.
It blew the tires right off the rims LOL.

Lots of guys at my work have savages, and the best is a stroked out baja buggy/ its like 2 1/2 feet long.

BW

It's actually an HPI Savage X..

to check the temp, i have a temp sensor i purchased at HobbyTown USA off of Metcalf (yea, im in KC too).. you just point it at the engine and it reads the temp..

i usually run it a little harder than you saw in the video, but in a wider area.. and check the temp right when it stops..

usually has more pick-up to it, but you know, its cold, didnt feel like tuning it just to get a little peice of footage.. will get better footage soon when it aint freezing outside

want any other info, just ask

just got into the nitro r/c's a while back, so im still kinda new to it

where'd you get your GN body for it? was it made for a nitro or what?

That is probably the coolest thing that I have seen this week!!!!! I wish I was talented enough to make one of those!!

Nice:cool:

Those Savages are a mean trucks!!

I just got into R/C in general my self but everything I got is mostly Traxxas.

Revo 2.5 ( OS .18TM plus other junk)
Tmaxx 2.5 ( OS.18TM, truck for sale or trade for Buick parts :D )
Emaxx ( 4 yr olds toy, pretty modded except motors )
Night Ranger 3D Chopper ( refuses to fly ? )
Tamya H1 Hummer ( son's other toy)
Mini T ( sold it, just wouldn't handle our abuse lol)

Now believe it or not, my favorite one out of the bunch is my son's Emaxx:biggrin: You just charge the batteries and drive. It's got CVDs and Aluminum bulks, so it can take a beaten. I'm going to buy a brushless system for it this Spring with some Li Po's.