My new Black TOY... winters coming

I like it!!! Wow that blackout job would shame most GNs. That is BLACK, BLACK, BLACK!!

That is a nice find! I like it! I have been looking for a cheap Jeep for this winter (that is an oxymoron). I would like to find a TJ or XJ with a 4.0... I have owned a 79 CJ-7 and an 87 YJ. Both of them drove me crazy while I had them (reliability issues), but I miss them both. :(

Originally posted by littlesixsteve
Expecting lots of Snow in TEXAS?:D

LOL.... not really

But like I said. It's a toy. If I'm going to own something, it better be able to serve several functions. I'm looking forward to hitting the trails and taking the dogs camping this spring.

brn agn I, too, have been looking a long time for an XJ and stumbled across this one close to home. As you can see, I have to MOD everything I own ;)

I told myself I would NEVER own another black vehicle... go figure.

You can view more pics of the jeep as well as my GN here

My Yahoo Photo Album

I just picked up a '96 Cherokee Sport with the upcountry suspention. I'm going to use it for weekend offroading in the mountains with my twin boys.

All stock but in great condition.

Should be fun:)

Yours looks great.

Originally posted by boostedmaxPSI
I just picked up a '96 Cherokee Sport with the upcountry suspention. I'm going to use it for weekend offroading in the mountains with my twin boys.

All stock but in great condition.

Should be fun:)

Yours looks great.

I used to live in your neck of the woods about 10 years ago. Really wish I would have had the Jeep back then. Just to climb the mountains. Especially Mount Baker.

~Rob Baker <--- get it?:cool:

Man I like that! I have a '91 Chevy extended cab 4x4 with a 3" body lift and 33x14.50 SSR's on 15x10's. I have one piece of advise. If you're not within walkin' distance of your house, don't go 'wheelin by yourself. I can't tell you how many times I've walked home, leaving my stuck truck behind. Fortunatly for me, there's places to go right by my house. Also, if you DON'T get stuck, you're not playing hard enough. :D

Originally posted by 1QuikV6
I used to live in your neck of the woods about 10 years ago. Really wish I would have had the Jeep back then. Just to climb the mountains. Especially Mount Baker.

~Rob Baker <--- get it?:cool:

Right on! Hope to have a good time.

Frank

Originally posted by GN One Day...
There's a really good place in TX, not too far from you (5 hrs?) for a good weekend trip of 4 wheeling, in Gilmer, TX. Barnwell MTN OHV area. LOTS of fun.

http://www.texasmotorizedtrails.com/ohvareas/barnwell/index.html

Also Shilog Ridge, but I've never been to that one. I hear that Gilmer is a lot better.

I've heard of that place Bill. Now it's just a matter of meeting up with some other offroaders and hitting the trails.

Like soonergn said, not too smart hitting the trails alone.

Thanks for all the praise guys. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go dust off the GN. She's feeling neglected. :(