My new 1986 GN T-Top write up

Only really thinking about this because i want to upgrade the cam on my other car which has the 206/206 in it.
1- Stock long block
2- TE-44 turbo
3- Dutt neck
4- 42# injectors
5- ALKY
6- 3 inch DP

- any ratio you decide will need to be based on coil bind in that head based on install height and spring chosen... being stock heads and the 206 cam being a billet over .500 (more like .550) lift they will need the exhaust guides cut down and seals installed for the roller cam lift even at 1.55 rocker ratio the springs will need install height checked and checked for coil bind to see if even 1.55 will work
- to use any roller rocker the pedestals will also need to be clearanced
- running any roller rockers will also need tall valve covers
- dont forget the pushrods .. dont expect the old to drop right in and be correct due to several variables , and that goes for the pushrods needed for the new cam setup on the old motor as the cam base may be different enough to require a new pushrod

Yeaup I overlooked ALL of that. I think the heads have never been off of the block.
If I can verify that, I'll skip the roller rockers and just do the cam swap and leave the OE rockers in. I did that on my old setup and ran it like that for about 9k miles and everything worked just fine so it shouldn't be a problem to it again.

witha normal 206 roller that might be possible , with a billet 206.. need to verify the lift

Update.
The front springs came in today Moog# 5658
I still need to hook up the DP to the rest of the exhaust system The big deal is that i first have to remove the DP "that i just installed" and take it to the TIG guy so that he can put the V-Band clamp on it. Then put the pipe back onto the car and have the muffler shop "American Muffler" connect it all together.
I am hoping to get this done next week sometime.
Also trying to decided on which shocks to get??? the front runners are Bilstein but also considering adjustable ????? brand

Organized the trunk so that i can fit more junk into it, since i did that i obviously stuffed more crap into it. Talk about packratism lol

lots of things on the agenda for today.
all on the right side of the car.
going to try to install spring, upper control arm, lower ball joint, modified spindle for LS brakes

typical me -- didn't get anything on the list done.

BUT I was able to align the Stock w/Dutt neck IC -- So no front mount for now.
The exhaust is one unit now but the fight is far from over-- the DP that i have moves the Y pipe all the way over to one side and that one side is now hitting the floor board.
I turned the car on and it has a slight stumble. Back to the drawing board

Trans cooler was ordered.
I need to do as much as possible before I actually hit the road, because once I am driving it I will not want to work on it.

Didn't get a chance to work on it this weekend, but added -- header removal to the list -- checking for cracks and removing gaskets.
At this rate it should be ready in about two years.

Engine is completely loose and ready to come out. I forgot the damn chain arg.
The cleanup of the engine compartment begins tomorrow.