My new 1986 GN T-Top write up

worked a little bit on the car and found a few more interesting things
Fried alky line- the reason the alky tank was empty when i looked at the car??
butchered fuel line picture coming soon.
20131020_155939.jpg20131020_155945.jpg20131020_155939.jpg20131020_155945.jpg

The parts hording continues
1-CheapO F-body radiator is on hand.
2-Step up hose IC to throttle body is on hand.
3-160 Stat is on hand.
4-Billet stat/hose "neck" is on hand.

1-Need a double fan now

You guessed it, i haven't put any of the new stuff on the car yet and i mean ANY.
my bedroom looks like a shipping terminal.

The weather broke yesterday and i actually got some things done.
1- The F body radiator is in
2- Eliminated the oil cooler
3- Installed the 160 stat with new SS housing

froze my butt off today but got somethings done.
I drilled and tapped the holes for the F-body brackets on one spindle.
I managed to cut the friction section on one rotor and got about half way on the other one before my ONE day old $14.00 angle grinder took a shit, Drove to Harbor Junk and got a replacement.
the discs aren't as bad as i thought they would be only used one disc20140313_163357.jpg 20140313_163408.jpg 20140313_163508.jpg 20140313_163357.jpg 20140313_163408.jpg 20140313_163508.jpg .

And yes first i started drilling it but then i smartened up a little bit.lol

New caspers injector harness is in.
Going to relocate all of the vacuums to a spacer
I am still having the problem of the stock intercooler sitting on the sway bar. WTH
20140615_190128.jpg
20140615_190145.jpg

Based on the existing holes on top of the IC and radiator support it looks like the whole thing needs to shift to the front of the car some.

just drill and tap the ports into the plenum , put an iat sensor there as well as a port for vac brakes while its off, youll also want to add a port for pcv

My IC never fit right from the day i got it from thedealer. It sat too close to the engine and was crooked. I had to shim the DS mount top and bottom, the PS mount on the bottom and the hose from the IC to theturbocharger didn't line up it was a PIA every time i took it out.

After 27 years I finally modified the mounts so everything lines up and there are no shims. Did it 2 weeks ago since it was out while I was changing my cam timing. I had to weld the hole closed and add about a half inch to the DS mount and relocate the hole. Same on the PS side mount except it was all 3 holes had to be welded up and relocated.

Seriously just been lazy and distracted, I got my first bike last winter so this was my first summer with a bike and just didn't want to get off of that bitch. At the same time I was modding the chevelle for the track rental and looking for a new best but that didn't happen.

Any way next on the list is
1- Motor mounts - still trying to make up my mind between OE or HRs. I do have the HRs on hand but i was thinking about putting them on the chevelle since the regal is going to be a driver not a race car.

2- Upper control arms and LS brake conversion- I did get a second set of spindles and I cut them up but in process I tapped one of the threads crooked so I've been contemplating just modding the ones on the car over buying another spindle to hack up.

I did start moving things around on the dashboard i just can't make up mind as far as where to put what.

I have also been contemplating selling the car. I have owned it for 2 years now and i have NOT driven it. All i've done is let run every other week for a couple of fan cycles and thats it.

Last edited:
Haven't touched the car but got more parts,
Reds-Volt booster - on hand
Caspers - special idiot alt light

Last edited:
What do you guys think about 206/206 roller and roller rockers?
1.55, 160 or 1.65 which rockers to go with?

Last edited:
I am not a cam guru. Unless your looking to set the world on fire, can't go wrong with the 206 roller. As far as rocker ratio. You may want to look at the lift where the heads flow the best and shoot for that combo of lift and ratio. Small cam but get the right springs. I'm sure others with more knowledge will chime in.