My hidden center console gauge pod

lee01

1GR8MMBR
I want to have my interior a stock as possible and I had this idea for awhile now and decided to try to make it.

This is a quick draft made with plastic, cardboard and fake carbon fiber I had lying around and I put 4 gauge and my scanmaster. There enough room for one more gauge and/or some switches....

I used some spare gauge I had around to give me an idea.(but nothing is hooked) but there room for the wires.

Wonder if this would be a good product to develop with let says Mark at TR??
It would be nice to have one in aluminum :)

BTW --The lid close normaly.

1012.jpg

1011.jpg

1013.jpg

looks nice!...but one suggestion, I would try to keep the knock gauge in a more conspicuous location...kind of a waste tucking it away....but great job on the install!....looks like you got exactly what you wanted!

Neat idea however I view the Boost Gauge and Knock Gauge being extremely dangerous in that position. It is not safe to be driving and looking down at your center console. In addition scanmaster has battery and coolant gauges built into it.

You can get Real CF panels and trim those out, I dont think they are that expensive either. It looks pretty good.

Great handiwork, but the console placement defeats the whole purpose of the gauge.

I think you guys don't get my point by doing this.

First, my car aint a race car and I don't drive that hard. I know these are vital but a stock GN doesn't any of these gauge at the first place.

Second, stop telling me about the gauge shown in the pic, nothing is hooked up and I willl replace\added different gauge.

I want to get more stock look, have vital info close by, and also help the thieft look away by not attracting them.

I think you guys don't get my point by doing this.

First, my car aint a race car and I don't drive that hard. I know these are vital but a stock GN doesn't any of these gauge at the first place.

Second, stop telling me about the gauge shown in the pic, nothing is hooked up and I willl replace\added different gauge.

I want to get more stock look, have vital info close by, and also help the thieft look away by not attracting them.

I understand, after all a big frontmount IC, and slicks is about as stock looking as you can get. and a few gauges in plain sight would sure let the cat out of the bag.

Thief:....Man this fine Grand National dont have no gauges...i'll pass on this one.:rolleyes::biggrin:

Console idea is cool for gauges such as trans temp, pressure etc

Good job on the fabrication.

Very cool Nick. Before I went the Pro Street route, I was considering something similar. I had some gauges mounted in the glove box at an angle, just open the door and there they were. I get what your after. :cool: