My GS Nationals 2013 pics and videos.

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF SECRETS
Staff member
Here are the pics and videos that I took on Friday at the GS Nationals. I tried to get a picture of every car's engine bay that went through Heads up class peer tech on Friday. All of the pictures can be blown up to actual size when you click on them. Then click the magnifying glass with the plus in it, on the bottom right of the picture. The image will break out into a separate viewing pane. Click the magnifying glass with the plus a second time and you will get the full size image. They are uncut and large size.

With regards to the videos, if it starts to run and stops, Photobucket sometimes has a buffering issue. Just give it a bit to load.

Dave's 3 wheel action.

During 2nd round qualifying, they forced all of the TSO cars to "try" to make it down the left lane. Dave's car launched hard (better 60ft than his 1rd qualifying pass) when suddenly the car made a violent move towards the centerline. He lifted hard and corrected. The car took a sharp nose dive and twisted, lifting the rear drivers side tire off the ground for a few feet. Action happens at around the 8 second mark into the video. Yeah, there is definitely something wrong with the left lane at BG.

Mr. Jim Bell of Kenne Bell fame.

Mrs. Holly Hartline of Hartline Performance fame.

Continued on next page...

And now, I've saved the best for last.
Some of you might have heard about Dave "Basic Famous" Fiscus' TSO record breaking pass during 1st round qualifying. What you might not have heard was, immediately after Dave did his burnout, the "track officials" shut down racing because "they" did not like the number of people at the starting line.

30 seconds after Dave shut it off, the announcer makes another speech about there being to many people on the starting line and that racing will not continue until everyone except the car's crew chief, are off the starting line.
:
:
:
:
:
:
Another minute passes, this time a 3rd warning announcement is made, stating the only person that should be on the starting line with the car, is the car's crew chief. Cal and Ken inform Dave of what's happening and question whether he wants to do another burnout, as almost 2 minutes had passed since his burnout. Dave says no.
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
Shortly thereafter they resume racing. Dave fires up and proceeds to open an INDUSTRIAL SIZE 55 GALLON DRUM OF WHOOP ASS!

YEAH!!!!
Sorry about that. I think I startled the folks standing around me as well.
So the last pics are afterwards in the pits.

Mr. Dave "Basic Famous" Fiscus.

I had a great time and it was really great to see all my Buick friends and family again. 3 years is to long to go without making it to the Nats. I want to say a huge Thank You to Willard Brown and Dave Fiscus for their hospitality. I really, really appreciate it guys. The race was called on Saturday due to weather and serious doubt that they could dry and prep the track well enough for everyone to have a decent race. IMHO, they made the right call. The left lane was having serious issues when the fast cars would try it out. It is the same story I had read on the Mustang boards, when they were at Bowling Green for the NMRA World Finals 1st week of October.
Yes it's true. I'm the crazy guy that parked his Sterling Grey Metallic 2011 Mustang GT behind Dave's trailer at a Buick event. Heck, he even took Shadow for a quick test drive on Friday. Doctor Evil laugh...

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Thanks for reading and viewing.
All in all, I had a great time and can't wait to get myself another Turbo Buick.
Yep, it's a disease.

Patrick

Thanks so much for sharing .I heard all the announcements but was in the lanes didn't realize Dave had all the downtime after the burnout .Congrats to Dave .It would have been some bad ass heads up racing couldn't believe the TSO cars in line.It was a car show in its self walking the tech lanes

I'm surprised I didn't see you Patrick being that you were just around the other side of Billy's trailer I was parked between George and Willard. Hope your doing good.

Steve Pitts

Hated I missed Buick Nats again, but I had to work at my "unpaid" job.:rolleyes: Attended Unified Car Audio Nats as part of Team Linear Power.:cool: The smell of burnt speaker voice coils is not as nice as race gas and rubber!:p