My GN seems to be a slug???

TED73

Lately, my car been feeling real funny when I take it out. I can't make out what the problem is. First, is there a way to tell if the turbo is going bad? The indication that I get is the stock turbo gage on the dash does not match what the gage reads on the a-pillar. I can't describe it but it doesn't kick in like it used to. I'm thinking that MAYBE my transmission is slipping because when I'm doing 30-35mph, the turbo barely kicks in and it's accelerates real slowly. The car also feels rough, kind of like the drive shaft is right next to you! Eventually, the turbo then kicks in. I know that all turbo cars experience lag, but mine is too 'lagging'. Maybe the a-pillar gage is bad? I did not use it much this past winter and I'm thinking if this effected it. Any suggestions???

I just moved to MN and I don't know anyone that can look at it for me, especially anyone that worked on these cars!

Thanks,

Teddy

Don't even look at the tach & boost gauges on the dash. Bad information.

Do you have a scan tool? You need to be able to discount certain things in your diagnosis; ie. MAF, IAC, TPS, O2, etc.

Sounds more transmission related like you say; not very likely it's the turbo. If it's not kicking down a gear when you mat it, well, I'd first set the throttle valve cable correctly. Then you should drop back a gear. Then the turbo will spool now that it has the proper RPMs to get enough exhaust flow to spool from. The feeling of the driveshaft being right next to you is what I call "lugging", like going uphill with a stickshift in high gear and never downshifting and trying to accellerate; I've experienced that in my car from time to time. Good luck. Do a search here on "TV cable" and you'll find lots of ways to set it. Check your fluid too.

I think I'm in denial because the last thing I want to believe is my trans. I will look into the cable as you stated to familiarize myself with it.