My Car Is Finally Coming Together!

BigReade

Buick City Boy
I bought this '87 Turbo T 3 months ago and have maybe put 30 miles on it since. After tune ups, and oil change, basic spring cleaning items, I thought it was finally ready for me to play. So I went ahead and ordered an intake, injectors and chip and a new wiring harnesses I needed, only to find out my fuel pump was on its was out, low pressure and it wouldn't let me get over 3k rpm under load. So after talking to Nick Micale, we got a parts list together and I got the car dropped off to him a week ago. Got that email I've been waiting on tonight, letting me know it's ready and running good with a fresh round of new mods! So I'm gonna cruise up Friday and pick it up (seems like forever away!) And I'm sure by Friday night I'll be making some pulls in it somewhere close to home! It's still just basically stock, just a few bolt on goodies;
85mm MAF
MAF translator
Cold air intake
3" downpipe and dump pipe
Walbro 450 fuel pump
Hotwire kit
60# injectors
Fuel pressure regulator
Scanmaster
Powerlogger
TT e85 chip

I think that about sums it up for now. I'm sure it's going to seem like a monster to me, as I've never had the car over 3k rpm and 6psi, looking forward to seeing what this baby has in store for me now! I do have a set of GTA wheels I'm gonna throw on there once I can pick up the tires I'm wanting. Hopefully I'm not setting my sites too high, expecting more than what it's actually gonna be. There's a couple mid 12's Firebirds and Camaros running around and I'm hoping to saw them boys off! I'll keep ya posted

Last edited:
Pix or it's just a story.
Sounds like fun.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'll have pics/vids of it tomorrow once I pick it up. All the pics I have now are just from before the work.

Pic of the new 3" RJC downpipe and a couple videos of the idle, gotta love the open downpipe!

Attachments

• 20140425_165550.jpg
    20140425_165550.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 120
Well, I finally got the car all legal this morning, plates and insurance, and for it's maiden voyage (at least legally, lol) the trans took a complete shit on me. So, back in the garage it goes while I gather up the money for a rebuild.

Well, that sux. I hope you get her together. I just got my rebuild together and In the car. It is a little late on the 1-2 and then stacks the 2-3 so I have some adjustment to do but I am stoked it is mobile again.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Looks and sounds tough! Love that downpipe. Got any more pics of the whole car? I dig that color. Sorry to hear about the trans. Hurry up, Bates is in one month! ;)

Looks and sounds tough! Love that downpipe. Got any more pics of the whole car? I dig that color. Sorry to hear about the trans. Hurry up, Bates is in one month! ;)

Thanks man! I was planning on Bates, but I'm doubting I'll have it back together for that. But, I am planning on still going, even without the Buick!