My boy did the unthinkable last night

86gngirl

GN's. A girls best friend
What an amazing night it was yesterday. He did a trifecta.

First- He won the 8-9 year old class for Jr. Dragster

Second - He won the second chance race for Jr.s

Third - Won the over all track championship for Jr.s. This race was to determine the track winner of all number one Jr. class winners. Now he will race in the Race of Champions next week at the Division 3 finals.

He is the youngest to do this at our track. We are still on cloud nine and waiting to wake up from a dream. He beat all the older more seasoned kids yesterday and had them all seeing his determination. The best part was hearing everyone chant his name on the last race to determine the Champion. I am proud that my kids are respectful enough to others to get that kind of reaction from others. We didn't expect any of this, just trying to have fun. He still doesn't realize what he has accomplished at such a young age.

Titles earned this year:
8-9 year old class Champion

Pittsburgh Raceway Jr. Track Champion

Going for The Division 3 Jr. Champion next week.

What an amazing night it was yesterday. He did a trifecta.

First- He won the 8-9 year old class for Jr. Dragster

Second - He won the second chance race for Jr.s

Third - Won the over all track championship for Jr.s. This race was to determine the track winner of all number one Jr. class winners. Now he will race in the Race of Champions next week at the Division 3 finals.

He is the youngest to do this at our track. We are still on cloud nine and waiting to wake up from a dream. He beat all the older more seasoned kids yesterday and had them all seeing his determination. The best part was hearing everyone chant his name on the last race to determine the Champion. I am proud that my kids are respectful enough to others to get that kind of reaction from others. We didn't expect any of this, just trying to have fun. He still doesn't realize what he has accomplished at such a young age.

Titles earned this year:
8-9 year old class Champion

Pittsburgh Raceway Jr. Track Champion

Going for The Division 3 Jr. Champion next week.

THAT IS ABSOLUTLY AWESOME, YOU GUYS MUST BE ON CLOUD 9!

Congratulations, I am sure that you guys are proud of him and his accomplishments at such a young age.

Thanks everyone!!! Words cant explain the rush of emotions we experienced last night or today for that matter. We are just truly amazed at what he has done. Thanks for all the support from the Buick community.

When I read the title I was thinking he did something unthinkable to the GN. Congrats on the win:cool: :cool:

A picture from last night. He started racing at 9 am and this was taken at 9 pm. 12 hours of racing and still has a smile on his face!!!

Attachments

• DSC_3490.JPG
    DSC_3490.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 312
Cool stuff! I was watching jr. drags last Saturday at Woodburn Drag Strip out west here and telling a friend of mine how if I had a kid I would hope they wanted to race. That stuff looks like fun. :)

Big congrats! Wish him good luck in the Div. 3 race.
Will do and thanks for everything. After all this is out of the way, We will be in contact with you guys with what we talked about. Things got crazy fast. We were not expecting to go this far, not complaining, but it turned into scramble mode.

Cool stuff! I was watching jr. drags last Saturday at Woodburn Drag Strip out west here and telling a friend of mine how if I had a kid I would hope they wanted to race. That stuff looks like fun. :)

Its great family fun. My hubby and I both have cars on hold for our kids. Our cars are waiting for our kids to play. We have all the time in the world to finish our cars, nows thier time to play and live. Nothing can replace that smile on thier face when they come back after a run.

When I read the title I was thinking he did something unthinkable to the GN. Congrats on the win:cool: :cool:

If that were the case you may have been investigating me for something,lol. Just kidding......:biggrin: Thanks John. You gonna bring the kids out for the Ghost, Goblins and Gear Heads? I think its Oct. 11 for trick or treating around the track. Kids really make out on goody bags.;)

Will do and thanks for everything. After all this is out of the way, We will be in contact with you guys with what we talked about. Things got crazy fast. We were not expecting to go this far, not complaining, but it turned into scramble mode.

Its great family fun. My hubby and I both have cars on hold for our kids. Our cars are waiting for our kids to play. We have all the time in the world to finish our cars, nows thier time to play and live. Nothing can replace that smile on thier face when they come back after a run.

Sounds good.

Great job! Nice to hear families doing things together. You will cherish these moments for years and years. Keep 'em busy doing positive stuff, and they usually turn out to be productive grown-ups. :)

Thats GREAT!!!!Just don't let him in the GN yet.

A picture from last night. He started racing at 9 am and this was taken at 9 pm. 12 hours of racing and still has a smile on his face!!!

Congradulations.

My son would still be smiling too. He can't get enough either.

Mikey

Sadly He didn't go far yesterday in the Race For Champions. In the first round at the launch, the car fell on its face. He was out first round. He really beat himself up about it and it took us hours to get even a smile out of him. He was the youngest in that race and the slowest. The other kids were 13-16 year olds and ran 7.90's against a 12.90 car. Better luck next year. Ihra really rushes the kids and we found out what went wrong. We were not being given enough time to warm the car up and the top engine lube was not burning off the plug. We changed the plug, really warmed the car up and entered a gamblers race and the car was back, ran way under. This is our first national event so we did not know what to expect. IHRA comes in and takes over the track, so what you are use to doing is no longer. Congrads to Dragway 42 for the Jr. win. Off to the races and hope to have better luck today.

And the Toronto team has one he!! of a sense of humor!!! They have a stuffed animal pig tied to their cars. Smashed in door jams of cars, tied to dragster wings, you name it. I'll let you figure out why.

Sadly He didn't go far yesterday in the Race For Champions. In the first round at the launch, the car fell on its face. He was out first round. He really beat himself up about it and it took us hours to get even a smile out of him. He was the youngest in that race and the slowest. The other kids were 13-16 year olds and ran 7.90's against a 12.90 car. Better luck next year. Ihra really rushes the kids and we found out what went wrong. We were not being given enough time to warm the car up and the top engine lube was not burning off the plug. We changed the plug, really warmed the car up and entered a gamblers race and the car was back, ran way under. This is our first national event so we did not know what to expect. IHRA comes in and takes over the track, so what you are use to doing is no longer. Congrads to Dragway 42 for the Jr. win. Off to the races and hope to have better luck today.

And the Toronto team has one he!! of a sense of humor!!! They have a stuffed animal pig tied to their cars. Smashed in door jams of cars, tied to dragster wings, you name it. I'll let you figure out why.

HEy thats OK, tell him he did what 99.9% of other kids (including mine) wish they could do.

We are still proud of him;)

This is our first national event so we did not know what to expect. IHRA comes in and takes over the track, so what you are use to doing is no longer.

Ain't that the truth. Still a big congrats to your boy for making it.