My Alky stopped working

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Pulled the coop out for the first time in a few weeks to dust it off and start getting it ready for the Bates show next weekend.

Pressed the test button on my alky control controller and nuttin' happens.
No lights, no pump...nuttin'.

Did you check the wire that goes to the fuse box? Or wherever you are getting ignition power from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet....
Gonna have to replace the controller test/on off switch box anyway....button popped right out of it.

call juilo he can help u figure it out .. my pumps abt 5 -6 yrs old still works ima send it in for rebuild or upgrade... I always run 100% meth

Mean Chicken if it's just the tip to the test button, that just pops right on and off, for removal from the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole button and spring popped out. Shot me in the right....breast....
Yes....meanchicken has breasts....

I'll be seeing Papa Lou this afternoon. He has one of Razor's system testers, so we'll hook up to that and see what is or isn't working.

Aint no body plucking this chicken...
I reinstalled the button....just popped back in.

Pushing the test button did nothing. No lights, no pump, no clicking in the PAC.
Took it to Lou, and he probed the connections. There was voltage when I pressed the button all the way down to the pump, but still didn’t activate.

We hooked up the Alkycontrol pressure tester/MAP Simulator and all worked fine.

Reconnected the alky system and all worked fine again….but I’m skerd….

I want to make sure it works when I need it to. ;-) …you know my reputation…

The pump is relatively new. It was rebuilt a few years back and sat on a shelf in my garage until June last year when I swapped it in for the old leaky pump.

Hey Chicken,
I've got a brand new pump sitting on my shelf. Also, Julio donated a brand new pump, that will be raffled off at the bates show this weekend.

Hey Chicken,
I've got a brand new pump sitting on my shelf. Also, Julio donated a brand new pump, that will be raffled off at the bates show this weekend.

I don't think its the pump.
The pump wouldn't keep the system from initiating at all....not even a relay click.

Julio emailed it and suspects it might be a bad test switch or PAC...we'll see.

Since you left it in the chicken house, maybe some mud dobbers used it for home...
Pump work w/ 12v wired directly to it?

Must have had some feathers stuck in the electronics.:D
So, is the Mrs Chicken going to let you out of the yard (Free range) this weekend?

V8Killer and I are in the process of redoing his alky system on his TTA. He installed it in 2004! The pump went last fall and he just getting around to it. Just about everything has changed so we had to get a new harness/controller along with the pump. Install on the TTA is not as easy as a Buick.