My 9 year old Son is a Hero

BadAssGN

Certifiable Member
I am Very proud of my son I had to share this with you guys.

Not very often a Story about children and Fire turns out like this.

I Thank God my Son acted so Quickly and did a perfect Job of taking care of a very Dangerous situation.

My Boy is feeling very good about him self right now, he has recieved a lot of attention about this.

here are some press releases he as been on the Radio, in news papers, internet and he (and I) was also interviewed by City Tv news in Toronto.

newsdurhamregion.com | Bowmanville boy lauded as a fire hero

CNW Group | FIRE MARSHAL'S PUBLIC FIRE SAFETY COUNCIL | Bowmanville child to receive Fire Safety Award

Thanks for Listening to a Proud Daddy :biggrin:

Attachments

• Kyle Fire safety award 045.jpg
    Kyle Fire safety award 045.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 228
"Way to go" to your son for taking control of a bad situation and looking out for his little sister, glad they both got through it unharmed.

John :smile:

Seems like an accidental fire start could have gotten out of hand fairly quickly, if not for your son's response. Thankfully, none of your family was hurt, and damage was minimal.
Did you promise him a new bike?

Take care,

Nando.

WOW!

I didn't even know they had fire in Canada! :eek:

Seriously, Smart kid with guts. You should be proud he is more like his mom. :p :D

Ok...I'm done...

He is definitely a hero and you should certainly be proud of him for taking action to protect his little sister and for being smart enough to prevent the fire from getting worse. You have obviously raised a good kid, give yourself some credit as well!:smile: :cool:

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I am very proud of Kyle, he has recieved a ton of attention from all the media in our area, they really have him in the spotlight.

Thanks for sharing this with us, My wife and I are very grateful Miranda was not injured.

Oh yeah, Kyle got a new bike....LOL