Ok, I'm going to brag about my son.

larry33kc

I have to say guys I have the greatest 18YO kid in the world. He has been through so much in his live mostly from his dead beat mother, who doesnt pay a dime and hasn't for years, she has stole his money from his savings account, tried to have him thrown in jail at 13 because he supposedly stole $600 from their house when he went there to get the rest stuff from his room because he was living with me full time, and his mom took all of his paint ball and baseball gear and wraped it up to give to her new husbands nefew for X Mas. She also gave away his dog without telling him because she said she didn't have time and couldn't afoard it, only to two weeks later get herself a little piece of shit $400 dog to carry around in her $300 purse like a rich whore would do.

He has been bullied for years by kids in his school. And as I make enemies with those parents trying to get it to stop, she makes friends with them just to spread her lies about how I'm a POS and I am brainwashing him. that's one reason he wanted to get back into wrestling when it was offered in school. And he was a very good wrestler and the hulling stopped when he started standing up for himself.

I could go on forever but what I really want to talk about is HIM. He graduated last Sunday and after he received his diploma he was handed some roses that all the kids could buy to hand out to parents, grandparents ect. Well comes over and gives the first rose to my wife, tells her he loves her and kisses and hugs her. I shake his hand and tell him I'm proud and love him. I then watch as he walks in to the stands and gives a rose to a teacher (reading) that has been part of his live from elementary, middle, and all the way up to highschool. He was in her classes several times as she moved up. She also testified on our behave when we tried to get full custody.
She of course started crying and gave him a big hug. I then watched as he went a little farther up the stands to another isle. He then starts sliding down the isle only to give a rose to the lady at the very end. She quickly stood up and grab my son and hugged him with all her live and proceeded to cry uncontrollably as she burried her head into his shoulder for what seemed like hours. As she let him go her husband went to shake his hand only to proceed to do almost the same thing. As the husband regained his composer his wife did it all over again. He was up there with them for several minutes.
As this was happening my wife and I were also crying from this, and I had forgotten the nervousness I was, and had been feeling about him graduating. All I could feel was a huge amount of pride for my son.

What he had done was. He had taken, and was the only person that did a rose to the parents of a girl in his class that had commited suicide early in the year. He said he wanted her parents to get one since she wasn't there to give one herself.

I am so proud of him. What he did has reduced me to tears every time I think about it.

He has taken his test for being an EMT and has been going to a bunch of elementary schools to teach the kids about what they do. He was on the local news also. he will be going to school to be an RN. all of that has been placed on my shoulders because his mom won't pay for any of it. Which is fine. I will do and have done what ever needs to be done for him.

B47474E2-257E-4298-A82A-3DA4A2328E7F-5979-00001112AA88FE84_zpsa1225f0d.jpg

Here is his last match
4ED4A0D8-74DC-498B-A9D2-628729860C65-5979-00001112C71983C2_zps1cade580.jpg

Here is he is for homecoming king, he was runner up
48180597-9FF3-41C9-80DB-4B00DBDE31C5-5979-000011134E0D18D8_zps82c1a1c0.jpg

Here is a senior pic
125D7E39-7678-4EF8-930F-235A46D6F04C-5979-00001113127C81EA_zpsde03558f.jpg

A link from the news
http://211.43.148.144/10001/5E7C8/D...ssid=&pre=901119&sid=5E7C8&post=&ccode=&chid=

I could go on forever about him. Sorry for it being long I'm just proud

Congratulations, to both of you!
You have every reason to be proud.
Had a similar experience w/ my son & his "mother"...
He just returned from Afg (1st Lt. USMC) 2 wks ago & got to meet his 3 month old son!
(I'm waiting to see 'em both!)
You're a good man& need to look no farther than your son for proof, sir.

Do_O .

Great story, I have a similar situation with my kids mom. It's nice to hear that your son could deal with some of those troublesome issues and not let it change who he is at his core and still make great decisions like giving that rose to that family.

Your give me hope :)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Congrats, it ain't bragging to be a proud parent of a great kid!

Very, very cool! NOTHING in this world beats being proud of your childeren. Especially being what he went through in his childhood. You have my upmost respect for for guiding him through the shit mountain he had to climb to reach where he is today. I hope that one day I can be as proud of my 3 kiddos as you are right now of your son! There are so many parents out there that are misguiding there childeren and just plain being shitty parents! This was a great read. Hats off to you and your son, he's beat the odds...and good luck to whatever he goes after in life.

Congradulations man. Great story, great kid! Glad he is coming away from all this stronger and smarter instead of bitter, angry and in trouble. You have every right to be proud and tell his story. Was a joy to read....

Mikey

Definitely a kid that was raised correctly. It's good to see children being raised with the right morals. Gives hope to the world we live in.

Nothing wrong with being proud of your child.
Great job with the raising!

There ain't a damn thing wrong with being proud of your kids and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise! Great read, thanks for posting it.

Thanks guys. I have to say I still get a little watery eyed when I think about it. To see the mom and dad reaction sent me over the edge.

I have no doubt that he will be a great father someday. Heck he loves kids now and can't keep them off of him as it is.

Oh ya. If I can ever get the tune right in the car I'm going to take him to the 1/8th mile track and will play a little. He already love fishing up front in my Allison bass boat.

Definitely a kid that was raised correctly. It's good to see children being raised with the right morals. Gives hope to the world we live in.

I know your young Trixd but your statement is wise beyond your years .. & just look what he had to over come to raise an exceptional son .. This story hits home with me big time! Larry I know you had a basketball size lump in your throat while his "mother" was putting him through the undescribable and a lump the same size for the pride you feel to see him rise above it all.. In my case it was my 18 year old daughters "mother" and mothers side of the family along with her husband who mistreated my kid beyond belief. She is on her own now and trying the best she can but its not fair her life should be so hard so soon. Larry we look at our kids trying so hard and wonder how their own mothers would stop at nothing to derail their efforts & sabotage their young lives just to put themselves first??? Thank you for "bragging" about your son he deserves every word of it, guarantee you he is bragging about his dad!