My 83 T Project

Jobi-Wan

I've decided to keep my 83 and see what I can do on a nonexistent budget and odd and end regal parts I've collected over the years.

Worst part is the passenger quarter and all of the surface rust:eek: . Not really too bad overall. I've got good floors and misc metal from my old 84 limited that I'll be scavenging.

Let me know what you think...or make an offer and change my mind...whichever.

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

I've decided to keep my 83 and see what I can do on a nonexistent budget and odd and end regal parts I've collected over the years.

Worst part is the passenger quarter and all of the surface rust:eek: . Not really too bad overall. I've got good floors and misc metal from my old 84 limited that I'll be scavenging.

Let me know what you think...or make an offer and change my mind...whichever.

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

cool you have a spare control center esc since you are using boost retad

Looks like a project! It must have sat outside for 10+ years with all that surface rust. Is that a new down pipe? Doesnt look stock...

Yeah, it's been mostly sitting since around 98 with intermittent back up car duty at times. Started to work on it, then got my GN around 2000 and that was that:frown: . What is the first pic Charlie? I see what you mean about the quarters in yours. Interior wise, we are about even I think. Mine is going to need some floor pan work and all cloth is rotten. Dash and trim is still good though :biggrin: I'm just going to piece together whatever I can scratch up and get it on the road.

An accidental pic that I had for some reason. It's gone now. After I cleaned up the rears it was worse than I thought and I have new quarters for it now. The drivers side is into the inner fender so I have to take it off the frame to fix it unfortunatly.

Just as well do a frame off and do it right! Trust me it's a lot of work but when you get all the rust patched and slap paint on everything and start putting new parts on its a beautiful thing! I just finished painting my floors and it starting to look new again. When you finally start to see progress it makes it all worth it:cool: If any of you guys need some useable bucket seats I have some that need new @ss pads and covers. They are complete. Also have a good back seat UPPER that has perfect padding with no mystery stains that needs to be recovered. Would sell cheap.

Hats off to all the guys that fix these rusted and abused cars. I like seeing them saved. My car almost got cut up for a circle track car. The only thing that was good on my car body wise was the trunk deck

Yeah, it's been mostly sitting since around 98 with intermittent back up car duty at times. Started to work on it, then got my GN around 2000 and that was that:frown: . What is the first pic Charlie? I see what you mean about the quarters in yours. Interior wise, we are about even I think. Mine is going to need some floor pan work and all cloth is rotten. Dash and trim is still good though :biggrin: I'm just going to piece together whatever I can scratch up and get it on the road.

I agree a nice solid project car..Get that car on the road.

:eek: Whoa! Hope you got deep pockets. I'm sure it's got plenty of life to beat out of it. You got a GN why are you holding on to it? Sentimental?

I say sell it to one of our forum members if one wants one. Don't butcher her and chop her up for parts. I hate that...... especially for a running car, (unless that's your bread and butter).

But she does look mighty rough and beat. Looks are'nt everthing though...:smile:

Sentimental would be the word. This was my first real car and I have alot of fond memories in it. It does look worse than it is. I'd love to see it just move on it's own again.

Down here round my parts a good 'G' body car limited would go for about $3,000.00 and you work down from there. A fix it yourself 'G' body would ball-park starting at $1,000.

I've had several people offer to sell me their 'G' bodies, (and these were in real good shape), for $2500-3000.

Now-a-days recycling an old car just makes very good sense. And alot of people in the bussiness give high marks to the 'G' body cars for re-sale and easy repair at low cost and the availability of parts.

As for the turbo versions, the myth applies. Just my opinion, but I'd up the price to $5,000.00 for one in clean condition. I just can't shake people calling my old turbo Buick a GN. I'm honest and I try to tell them the truth and the history, but they just don't get it. It boils down to those who know, and does who don't know squat.

So, I'd take advantage just for the sake of novelty. I'd add they are highly sought after to those who know, (LOL). :biggrin:

According to most, less than nothing. Monetarily, mine's worth little more than the price of scrap. They do make fun cars though. I miss mine alot and that is why I'm thinking about getting it back together. I love my GN, but it's just not the same. A decent driver wouldn't sell for much either, so you could probably get a good buy on it. Anybody actually buy or sell one recently?

If it runs, and it is legal to drive.....try telling that to a 16 year old with a fresh new licence. :biggri

I was lucky enough to be one of those 16 year olds 16 years ago. My TType earned quite a reputation for being deceptively quick. Alot of mustang and camaro owners got their feelings hurt by the little six:biggrin: . These cars are definitely worth more than their price, so don't misunderstand my meaning. I literally parted out a wrecked 84 NA (and kept enough parts to fix most of mine) for more than I could sell my whole car for. I think anyone who loves cars, can see the appeal of the older turbo buicks. Some just can't look past the intercooled ones long enough to see it. Others can't look past the surface rust to find potential. If I was 16 again, I'd definitely like to be driving my 83 (rust, rat nests and all).

The nice thing is that I have 2 83's. One NA and the T Type. Both have rust but in different locations. The NA has the package tray rusted out because it had a vinyl top on it and it was left under a tree. I got both for $500 each and the T Type I had to go to Kansas to get. LOOOONG trip with a friend with a lot of drama. It was a mess but we got her home.