Mustang kill/fish stories Forums

RatFink

PutTheNeedleOnTheRecord!
No offence to any GN/TTA owners who also own Mustangs, my best friend's wife has a beauty of an anniversary Summer edition stang convertible, but has anyone looked at the mustang kill/fish story forums and noticed that there are hardly any stories of mustangs smokin any GN/TTA cars? I think I found one on like page 12 or so. Are our cars so rare that no Stangs are getting the opprtunity to get a thorough butt kicking..haha.:smile:
Yeah, work is slow today...:rolleyes:

my wife has a 2001 3.8 Mustang. I convinced her that we should race, since we had the same size engines. We even went from a roll, since hers is a 5 speed.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't think she will be racing a TR for a long time now :biggrin: It was bad :p

Interesting reading.

I have to say Im pretty impressed with the Mustang guys on that forum, the majority of those guys are realists, and have a high level of respect for our cars. They do seem to be a lil misinformed about the performance issues of our cars though. I know its been said before but one of the great things about our cars is how two similar sounding and looking GNs can have huge performance capabilities, really making them dangerous and hard to size up. I personally have not been beat by a mustang even with my old stock blocked hybrid. Im sure eventually I will get whipped by someone with the current car, but thats the nature of the game.

rofl, one of those guys tried to compare the turbo buick to the v6 mustang! they're both 3.8s, right? lmao.

v6 mustangs are the laughing stock of the car world... they are the first car everybody thinks of when they think "slow sorority girl car."

that's too funny.

Thats one Bad looking Mustang

It looks menacing like our cars, would love to race him. Recently on the freeway seen one that looked very similar, he passed me in the turning lane on the bridge(I wasnt looking to race) and then slowed down because we were coming to a one lane. After the opening I had to put the swooosh on him let him know what time it was. He opened it up after, but I let out due to traffic. Sounded Healthy though.

VortechWS6, thats funny, maybe i should see if my GF wants to race, ill tell her ill go half throttle against her cavy because hers engine is about half of mine.

,Dan

Wow, thanks for the link. I was surprised at their reverence for the GNs. NEVER thought I'd read that on a Mustang board. Yes, there were a few dorky comments, but for the most part, complimentry.

Interesting.

I haven't really gotten to play around with the new Stangs yet. i ran up against one the other day on the toll road...I was driving my 99 Regal GS, and he jumped me coming thru a rolling toll gate. I stomped on it and got on his ass pretty good, about 2-3 cars back and holding, but I couldn't reel him in. Ran to about 90 MPH and let off.

I was proud of the ol Regal with 100k+ miles on her, but had just one thought.....If I was in my Natl I would have eaten him alive.

Wow, thanks for the link. I was surprised at their reverence for the GNs. NEVER thought I'd read that on a Mustang board. Yes, there were a few dorky comments, but for the most part, complimentry.

Interesting.

you know, i've never been to a forum where anybody talks crap on turbo buicks or their owners. i guess our community represents itself well, in both performance and "being cool guys." other communities have a reputation for being a$$holes, even if their cars are quick.

GFWC

We have a few fast ones up here in Canada, and the guys are pretty savy about the Turbo Buicks. Most are really decent guys too. Those that aren't are usually young and inexperienced about our cars. I love it when they think the GN was much faster than the T. It gives me the psychological advantage. Unfortunately they get clued in eventualy. 10 second performance will handle the vast majority of local stangs. Altough I am sure there are lurking contenders out there. My car confuses most of them being a White T with the stock looking rims. The GT67P at 24lbs, 60's, 3600 stall, Alky and the usual mods, has a way of turning confident smiles into the look of disbelief. I have a lot of respect for the Mustang. As a matter of fact one of my close friends just bought a GT500. Guess who gets to drive it when the roads get better? Can't wait.

True True

There's lots of very very fast Mustangs out there...

This is very true, and some are even turboed and blown, but for the most part we can play with 90-95% of them. I actually like them, but if it came to GN or Mustang.......You can only go with the BEST. GN,Turbo T,GNX

those darn mustang's :)

i took my buddy on here, when he wasn't tuned. hahaha. that will most definately be the last time i will see his front plate.

I own an 03 cobra and I just have to say that I think turbo buicks are some of the best cars out there. I'm hoping to buy one within the next few months. When buying one, is there anything in particular that I should watch out for? Any info is appreciated, and great site by the way.

Scott

These kill stories are fun to read but I don’t give them much general value at all. Because of at least 90% of the street racing I have seen most guys only race when they think they are going to win.
If I had to give my self a street racing batting average it would about around 500 to 700.
And also most punks pull 1 or 2 quick cars on you then let off. Believe me I ran my Monte with a Monte rear for a few months and I couldn’t pull hard for the dig and a lot stangs would pull 1 or 2 cars and before the 40 or 50 MPH mark they would let out. Even a dude in a GN pulled that BS on me once.

hey buff, you should go to Turbo Regal Web Site and read everything under their "resources" menu. good luck finding a buick... there are deals out there if you look for them. i got my t-type last summer for $3000.