Mustang kill/fish stories Forums

I am lucky enough to own both. My Mach runs 12.0's and my GN runs 13.1. Both cars are a blast to drive but the Mach has a more balls than the GN.

If you noticed in that thread he said he had him to about 60 mph but what happened after that? He never did say.:wink:

One thing about the stangs is that the really quick ones jump right out at you and are very obvious. There is usually no mistaking their performance on first impression. They have a very hard time calculating our performance based on their first impression. Its very apparent they have a lot of respect for our cars. From what ive witnessed around here most of the really quick ones are light as hell or are turbocharged and have big $ engines like the ones we build to run low 10's high 9's with. Your average modded Mustang with a supercharger and 93 octane isnt going to do much against a 10 second TR. Ive raced many with varying performance and i cant ever recall losing. Thats just being lucky because i know there are a few nasty ones in the CT area. One from New York (actually a Capri) ran a street race up here against another big mouth stang owner and whipped him really bad a couple years back. The Capri actually was in the pump gas drags that year and if i recall correctly averaged 9.40's. It has run 8's on a different day and good fuel. Needless to say the car was nasty and was an absolute bullet form about 75 mph. I saw him get on it on his trial run before he actually raced and it pulled away very fast. Its amazing the performance difference between a 130 mph car and a 150 mph car. The car he raced was maybe a low 10sec ride and way less streetable than the Capri. There is a higher percent by brand of low 12 second or faster TR's than there is of v-8 mustangs. I dont think its even close. Almost all he TR owners i know around here and there are quite a few, all have at least a low 12 second car. Most are much faster. I also know a lot more Mustang owners, and only several of them perform at the same level or faster. There are a few really bad a$$ ones that will smack nearly anything around, but by percent they arent even close. Most younger guys cant afford a decent TR to start tinkering with, perhaps thats why the numbers are so different.

There is a higher percent by brand of low 12 second or faster TR's than there is of v-8 mustangs. I dont think its even close. Almost all he TR owners i know around here and there are quite a few, all have at least a low 12 second car. Most are much faster. I also know a lot more Mustang owners, and only several of them perform at the same level or faster. There are a few really bad a$$ ones that will smack nearly anything around, but by percent they arent even close. Most younger guys cant afford a decent TR to start tinkering with, perhaps thats why the numbers are so different.
Several? As in more than a few? I'm confused.:confused:

The % of TR's is ALOT smaller then Mustangs!!! I smoked a buddy's 86 T-Type with my bone stock 86 GT! By that I mean they made a couple million Mustangs so I don't see the relevance either, and only 30,000 TR's??? If they would've made as many TR's as Mustangs the average et wouldn't be in the 12's for the TR's. The Stangs are everywhere while TR's are usually at car shows or garages. In my area I've seen about 2 GN's in the past 5 yrs and hmmm about 10 million Mustangs.:rolleyes:

I think that the TRUE number of "10 Second" TR's and "10 Second" Mustangs is ACTUALLY much lower than advertised.

A LOT of people who claim to have a 10-second this or an 11-second that are only guessing. MOST owners have never been to the track, no matter the brand they drive.

It is a LOT harder to run low 11's than you think and to get into the 10's - the HONEST TO GOD ACTUAL 10'S! - is MUCH harder than you think.

Take it to the track; launch with the tree and get your ET slip - you will probably be surprised at what your car ACTUALLY runs.

Most people who talk/brag the most have done the least. Running 11's is NOT a piece of cake, no matter who's saying it is. It is not just as simple as throwing on an adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, a new chip, race gas and slicks. I've been there, done that - with my fourth TR now. It takes practice, consistency, the perfect combo, and good air. And it REALLY takes a car that has been prepared, not just driven to the track.

Everybody has read the "I beat my buddy's 10 second (insert car type here)" story. Most likely, that 'buddy' never had HIS car to the track either - he just THINKS it runs 10's because the vendor he bought all his bolt-ons and stickers from SAID it will add 100hp per mod. Sheesh...

12's? Yeah, pretty much a piece of cake in a TR that is set-up right. 11's? Much harder than I thought. 10's? Eventually - with the right amount of money spent.

And for what it's worth, MOST boards respect the TR's MUCH more than we tend to respect them and that's a shame.

In my garage right now is my TRUE 11 second GN sitting alongside a bone stock '07 Grabber Orange Mustang GT. I love 'em both!

I agree 100% with you Raven. I own a TTA that does low 13's stock and I've lost an 03 Cobra that ran low 12's with $1k of mods. I loved em both and eventually I will get another Cobra much to my wife's dismay. What it all boils down to is I just love fast cars no matter what company makes it.;) Oh yeah Raven what happened to the GSX and the TTA from the story???:p

Several? As in more than a few? I'm confused.:confused:
Quite a bit more than a few. They are at about 30:1 vs TR's around here these days and growing in numbers fast. There are quite a few TR's around here too. Less than 10% of them will run low 12's or better. Almost all the TR's around here will run low 12's or better.

Quite a bit more than a few. They are at about 30:1 vs TR's around here these days and growing in numbers fast. There are quite a few TR's around here too. Less than 10% of them will run low 12's or better. Almost all the TR's around here will run low 12's or better.
Maybe I'm just an idiot but I do not understand your wording. You said, "I also know a lot more Mustang owners, and only several of them perform at the same level or faster." No matter how many times I read it I can not figure it out. I think I know what you are trying to say.

Huh, This thread is still getting posts! It's a hot topic/touchy subject.:D
What would you rather have a new Shelby 500 stang or a base model 2007 Vette? Both are about the same cost. How about if Buick had some smart execs they would offer a twin turbo regal for 2008.

What's weird is I remember the days when Regals were everywhere and the GNs were pretty rare. Now, if I see the Regal body it's 90% likely to be a GN or T-type.

I remember the days when I was trapping 105mph, running around on slicks and beating 11 second Mustangs redlight to redlight. So many people thought I had an 11 sec car when in reality it ran 13s. Back in the day, it seemed like the old fox bodies couldn't hook on the street at all. Then for whatever reason I went big turbo and drag radials, and actually have to drive the car instead of just flooring it. Now I hate people who do what I used to do.