Must have mod for pure stock 86 GN?

not really sure why people are suggesting FPR's and injectors. Nice car and congrats on your purchase. I agree with just the SM and a spring cleaning(including vacuum lines, hoses, etc.) Otherwise just drive it. The only "NECESSARY" mod really would be a fuel pump. Good luck

Thanks to all for taking the time to reply with excellent advice. I appreciate it greatly

Thanks to all for taking the time to reply with excellent advice. I appreciate it greatly
The very first thing I would do if you know how LOW LIFE THIEVES like these cars is at least one or more security devices.Don't fool yourself,they will get it if they want it.Just try and make it harder for them to get it.

What do you want a garage queen? Garage queens are no fun.... The fun factor of a garage queen is ZERO! A big fat goose egg.... It's no fun standing in your garage just looking at your car simply because you don't want to put any more miles on it. That's just dumb. The shop that does all the work on mine has several owners with very very low mileage cars, like 3,4,5k miles low and those people drive their cars each year. Do some small bolt on things like Psycho6 and Earlbrown said. Make it safe and reliable. Remember, it's almost 30 years old and parts wear out even if it's not being driven. Also, new body bushings would make a huge difference in how the care drives/handles. Spend a few grand and you'll have a lot of fun. You'll get a lot of compliments on the car, too. Every time I take mine out I get at least two or three compliments on it. One more thing, make sure you insure the car properly. These cars are rare and they are very easy to steal. Hagerty Insurance is the way to go. Good luck and enjoy it.

Kyle,
Another thing I just thought about was that you might want to acquire the Kirban books on these cars.
There's facts and figures, a performance book, and a set trivia books that I recently acquired (which was surprisingly good- lots of useful/helpful info)
Lots of good info for a new owner as well as some of us not-so-new owners.:cool:

All, The scanmaster is on the way and I have been reading a lot until then. Since I may have more than one turbo regals soon, has anyone hooked up hot and ground to a cigarette lighter plug and the data wire to a spade out of the front connecter? to facilitate temporary use?

You can slide a slightly larger turbo without anyone noticing
Add a Kirbans style DP if you dont want to cut a heat shield
It looks very close to stock
A dutt neck SLIC will also be inconspicuous yet add a nice gain
A lot of folks add a 165 degree thermostat although not too much to be gained in power and the. 180 works for cooler climes

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

All, The scanmaster is on the way and I have been reading a lot until then. Since I may have more than one turbo regals soon, has anyone hooked up hot and ground to a cigarette lighter plug and the data wire to a spade out of the front connecter? to facilitate temporary use?

I run one like that. Works great. It's mobile, easy to hide and store away. Just need to make sure you unplug the power when you finish using it.

You can slide a slightly larger turbo without anyone noticing
Add a Kirbans style DP if you dont want to cut a heat shield
It looks very close to stock
A dutt neck SLIC will also be inconspicuous yet add a nice gain
A lot of folks add a 165 degree thermostat although not too much to be gained in power and the. 180 works for cooler climes

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Hate to sound dumb, but what is:
"A dutt neck SLIC will also be inconspicuous yet add a nice gain
" Thanks in advance...Kyle

Figured I would chirp in.....as thread starter said he has read my books pick up if you haven't already the two parts and trivia books I wrote....goes into detail as to a lot of the subtle things you can do while retaining a fairly stock Turbo Regal which helps retain the value. Be sure to address all the suspension upgrades such as body braces and body bushings and the like.

Fuel delivery and pressure two critical areas that have been mentioned.

Enjoy your ride....being you reside in Georgia your can drive your car a lot more often than us up north.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The factory intercooler is restrictive at one bend, so the dutt neck is welded in place of the restrictive bend and allows air to flow more smoothly.

I'll second the fuel pump/hotwire as an essential mod/improvement.

Figured I would chirp in.....as thread starter said he has read my books pick up if you haven't already the two parts and trivia books I wrote....goes into detail as to a lot of the subtle things you can do while retaining a fairly stock Turbo Regal which helps retain the value. Be sure to address all the suspension upgrades such as body braces and body bushings and the like.

Fuel delivery and pressure two critical areas that have been mentioned.

Enjoy your ride....being you reside in Georgia your can drive your car a lot more often than us up north.

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Thanks Dennis. I know you have been snowed in. I ordered the scanmaster and seat brace kit from you ;) and am waiting on those.
I have both of the 86-87 books, but have not seen the elusive trivia book.
Thanks to folks like you who have made the information (and parts) available for us new owners.
Kyle

The factory intercooler is restrictive at one bend, so the dutt neck is welded in place of the restrictive bend and allows air to flow more smoothly.

I'll second the fuel pump/hotwire as an essential mod/improvement.
Thanks I'll have to hunt a picture of that kind of part.