Murder , Murder

fastlikeanascar

Its never fast enough !!
My Gn made Me A $1000.00 bucks today first time I've ever street raced it.. Raced a New Ford Gt 500.

Not gonna lie I was nervous. not about losing but breaking something. I turned the boost all the way up.. maxed out @ 26 with No knock..

I'm one of those i'd rather die trying then just die type of guys

Kicked his A@@ tho & it was worth it after we raced he wanted to see my motor. I replied with NO WAY !! maybe when you beat me I'll let you see it.

I drove all the way home with my music off trying to see if my car sounded diff. but it didnt everything was fine..

" Kids Street Racing Is not Safe & you should Not do It ! "

Idk about the mods but I raced him once im my 02z 06 & I had longtubes, cold air & a nice tune & he kicked my a@@....

thats how the money came into play, when I raced him in my vette i smacked A pothole & F'd sumthing up .. So no more racing for fun as far as I go.

he's a old cocky sun of a B !! he asked me did i go buy my Gn becuz of the fast & furious movie :eek:

fast and furious movie

you know i just bought my 87 and that was one of the 1st things out of the guys mouth. must have seen the movie. No, i'm almost 40 and remember back in the late 80's this was the car to beat. Always wanted one and now i have it sitting pretty in my driveway. Funny how people think that just because a movie comes out everyone and their mother wants the killer car. I understand the thought in it but still, it's about the respect these 6'ers get.

Nicekill. $1000 even better. I thought I saw a review on this board where they only run something like 13.4 in the 1/4. If it was stock I bet you really crashed him. How modded are you?

* T60 p trim
* Large FMIC
* 50 # inj.
* alky
* 3" downpipe
* 70ml TB & DH
* ported & polished heads & Intake. Bigger Valves & Springs
* TT chip.
* PTS 3000 9X11
* Mangna flow 3" single shot
* Ls1 Maf

& probly something I'm forgetting. Also have a bunch of suspension stuff

those gt500s are NOT 13 second cars... they are capable of hitting 11s in stock trim.

so that's definitely a respectable kill on the street, especially when you have the balls to lay a grand on the line.

How bad did you beat him by?

those gt500s are NOT 13 second cars... they are capable of hitting 11s in stock trim.

so that's definitely a respectable kill on the street, especially when you have the balls to lay a grand on the line.

Nice Kill. I am curious how bad you beat him by also. Any details on the race itself?

some of them are :D depends on the driver.

ive personally seen 4 of them run at my local track.
white/blue stripes
red/white stripes
2 sliver/ black stripe cars.

out of the 4, the one that i raced was the fastest that i saw

i ran against one of the silver ones. he had m/t drag radials and nothing else from what i saw. nice guy, he used to have a we4 with 14000 miles that a certain socal board member now owns.

we talked in the pits for a while and just happened to get matched up with each other.

he ran a 12.79 @ 112ish
i ran 12.88 @ 109

my gn has a small poston cam, poston headers/ x over, gbody slic,009's, thdp, ta-49 and i ran on my hard @ss bfg street tires! (havent put the alky on it yet either)

i think that i did pretty good for a mildly modded gn on street tires vs a (super car) on drag radials.

buickbert

We were neck to neck for a min & then something happen :eek: My car started pulling like never b4 literally I walked his a@@. best I've ever gooten out of my car is a high 11..

We were neck to neck for a min & then something happen :eek: My car started pulling like never b4 literally I walked his a@@. best I've ever gooten out of my car is a high 11..

Sometimes the car doesn't want to loose. Makes me think about Christine...

Great Kill!!!

I hear you.
I killed one in my GN a few weeks back and my take on the GT500's is they are no where near as quick as they should be for making the power they make.

Even the article in the new Hot Rod magazing on the 2010 GT500 shows that with 540HP, they best in the high 12.70's and they are supposed to be quicker than the current GT500. They said the 2010 SS Camaro they tested ripped out a high few 12.90's in the same magazine and it's only rated at 425HP....:D

The biggest problem with the Stangs is they weigh 4000 plus lbs. Pig heavy.

Can you make them quicker?
Sure...and it's probably easy to get one into the 11's as already stated in this post....but they need help...they won't get there in stock trim IMHO.
Probably a pully change, cold air and exhaust will help....and a real good 60'

Several months back I raced a Saleen E from a low 2nd gear roll in my 68 Camaro (see my sig) and walked him hard form 3rd gear on. He later told me with a hurt look in his eye's that he had dyno tuned it to 580 HP and couldn't believe I beat him that easily. I was far from impressed...but felt good about making him cry in front of his pretty girlfriend and his other buddy in another Saleen (not an E) who was trailing us.

Several months back I raced a Saleen E from a low 2nd gear roll in my 68 Camaro (see my sig) and walked him hard form 3rd gear on. He later told me with a hurt look in his eye's that he had dyno tuned it to 580 HP and couldn't believe I beat him that easily. I was far from impressed...but felt good about making him cry in front of his pretty girlfriend and his other buddy in another Saleen (not an E) who was trailing us.
How does ur Camaro compare to ur GN? Which is faster on the street?