Muffler Recommendation

Outpost

Turbocharged Sex Cylinder
The generic turbo mufflers currently on Old Gray are due for replacement. We use the ATR mufflers on our T-Type and are very pleased with them, but are considering other options for this car. The exhaust system appears to be the 2.5" Kenne-Bell system using dual mufflers with offset inlets and outlets. How do Flowmasters sound on an application like this? How about Dynomax?

I would stay away from the flowmasters, since they are chambered and cause backpressure. You might want to look at the dynomax/walker ultra flow mufflers. They are a strait through design.

STAY AWAY FROM FLOWMASTER THING IS CRAP.LOVE THE WAY THE SOUND.BUT THEY ARE RATHER HEAVY.I'M GOIN' WITH THE ULTRA FLOWS FOR MY NEW 3" DUALS S/S.THEY SOUD PRETTY DAMN GOOD,AND THEY WEIGH LESS THAN THE FLOWMASTERS. GOOD LUCK...JOEL

I ran single 3" Dynomax Ultraflow "RACE" Magnum welded muffler. Quiet at idle but nice tone... and then under boost they sound great.

Summit Racing is offering $25 off on Dynomax mufflers right now! Limit 2 per household.... he he he.

So I just bought a 3.5" Ultraflow... who says bigger isn't better?

GNX7

I had a friend with a kenne-bell exaust on his GN and noticed that it looked simular or identical to a ATR exaust system.