MT E/T Streets vs. MT E/T all out slicks?

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
I was looking to see how the MT E/T Streets compare to the MT E/T all out slicks. Are they the same compound? I always thought that MT E/T Streets were almost a joke and were really drag slicks with little bands to just barley pass the Gov laws. Is there any difference in hook? What kind of mileage are the MT E/T Streets good for? I can tell you this, I was NOT happy with Nitto 555R DRs!!!!

Thanks,
Jason

My opinion is possibly different than many others:

Street only - Nittos

Track - slicks

If you where not happy with the 555R's on the street for mileage, you will be even more mad if you run et streets. You need to heat them up before launching, and run them at lower psi. Depends on how you drive, but you wont even come close to getting the same mileage out of et streets as you did with the nittos.

at the strip, there is no contest between ET Drags and ET Streets.....the Streets are inadequate, to say the least

all they are good for is getting you to the track and being able to go down the strip without changing tires...they are no good if you are looking for a tire that hooks on hard launches.....

there are a lot of fast cars in "Street Tire" race catagories, but every one of those cars would be a lot faster on real slicks

For what it is worth, I put the MT ET's Street/drag tires on my GN last September. Did real well at the track and haven't seen any downside to driving them around town. Gas milage isn't really an issue for me as this is not a daily driver. This year I have a different set up on the car, so we shall see if I still like them at the track.

Also - Since I drive my car to the track, I didn't want to have to bring 2 sets of tires.

Just my 2 cents...

as a for instance, this Sunday, Nick put some 28X12.5 ET Streets on his car just to see what would happen....he couldn't get a 60' better than 1.6 all day....on Hoosier Drags, he is 1.47 60'

on my car, My ET Streets won't get out of the 1.6's either (mostly 1.7's)....always in the 1.5's or high 1.4's on ET Drags

azgn,
When I was looking at tires, Hoozier didn't make a 16 inch street/drag tire. I have the GNX wheels. Do they make one now ?

yeah, they make a 26X9.5X16 Quick Time Pro DOT legal tire...they seem to hook a bit better than ET Streets, but wear out quicker (meaning 3,000 miles instead of 4,000:D )

Hoosier also just started making a 28X11.5x16 in the QT pro. Ive been waiting for this tire for a while but am concerned if they will rub on the frame or fender lip on my GTA wheels. Would love to here some input on this situation.

ET streets are junk when your making a lot of power.

Last week I was at the track, and launching with 10-12psi boost the best 60ft I got was 1.84

ET drags are a must if I ever want a 10 sec timeslip

For what it's worth and I never been down the track, but a good friend and board member put down a 1.49,1.50 and a 1.49 60' on ET's. Not saying et's are better but he is hooking hard w/ 10/12lbs launchs on a stock unopened block w/ lots of bolt-ons.

I am running the 26x9.5x16 QTPs. Awesome tire and they do not ever lose air!! Too much boost on the launch and I can easily blow them away, but like a DR you find their limit and work within it. I cannot argue with mid-1.40s.

I drive them to/from the track and would not recommend them for a "street" tire. You think BFG DRs are bad in the rain? It is beyond me how they got DOT certification.

I agree with Scottie-GNZ .
Find the limit of the tires and work with it.
For those who say ET Streets are junk when your making
a lot of power is a bunch of crap. There are so many other
things to take into consideration when talking about how your
car sixty foots. Just my two cents.:mad:

28 x 12.5 x15 ET Streets
Foot brake , 8 lbs in tires , 8 lbs boost 1.48 sixty foot
Trans Brake, 8 lbs in tires, 10 lbs boost 1.39 sixty foot

AintNo8, do those tires fit without having to roll the fender lip or notch the frame? If so do they rub alot? Im thinking about getting the Hoosier which would be a little smaller.

I have been debating what to get as well. I hope to run low 12s, my setup will be all stock except for below bolt-ons, as well as 009 injectors. I will eventually get a new turbo over the summer. Will the 26X10.5 MT ET Streets be sufficient for the power I am making? Should I skip the Streets and head straight for the slicks? What times could I expect with these new slicks? my fastest run has been a 13.6 at 100 so far, with stock tires, no traction, and old valve springs with over 130K miles.

do suspension work and make et streets work or just bolt on the hoosier qtp's and save all the suspension money

I have used both on my buick and other cars and the hoosiers blow the et streets away in driving and definatly in hooking

Red, what size Hoosiers were you using on your car? I'm running 8 inch wide Weld Rod Lite wheels. I want something 28" tall and as wide as I can run without rubbing. What width tire were you using? Did the Hoosier tires need tubes? By the way, what kind of mileage did you get out of the Hoosiers? Thanks.

I had the 27/10.50 hoosiers on mine and they fit real nice ..could use the 27/11.50 to get the even wider look

I have 28/12.50 et streets on it now cause I got a good deal on them but the 27/10.50 hoosiers worked better than these do.

I dont keep up with mileage but doing moderate driving and racing they lasted 2 summers

On the RX-7 Im building I'm looking to put 27/11.50 hoosiers under it since 28" tire will be too tight front and rear of the 1/4 panel.

I dont have any picks of my car with the hoosiers on it but they fit real good ..they were on convo pro wheels with some wierd b/s like 3 5/8 or 3 7/8 and didnt rub on anything even with car lowered

That was back when I was hot air and when I first hd the I/c motr in it so never really got to hit them real hard out the hole on the buick but I did on my old malibu with sb 400 and 300 shot of nos on it ..:) btw it run 10s on motor and donno what it run on the nos but it made plenty of $ on the street

I use ET Streets (28x13.5) for races requiring a DOT tire. I had to burn them in before they would hook. They will still spin some when launching on a marginally prepped track. Last time out in back-to-back elimination rounds, 0.400 Pro Tree, and very well-prepped track, they yielded short times of 1.49 & 1.47. This is 1-1.5 tenths slower than what I'd obtain with slicks on a similarly prepared track, but the difference is consistent with what I have found when comparing ET Drags with ET Streets. I would try the Hoosiers but I get a killer deal on M/T products here.

BTW, yes, I believe Streets and Drags are the same compound, but the Streets have a stiffer sidewall.

Art