msd ignition / alcohol injection ??

WARBIRD1989

Is it possible to run msd ignition on these cars? If so how?, or is there a better ignition system than stock. I was also wondering about alcohol injection, how many quarter-mile runs can you expect to get out of one gallon of alcohol?

Stock ignition is plenty till mid 9's. MSD does make an upgraded deal.. its a lot of $$$. You wont get any improvement at your HP level.

At 11.90's approx 114 mph.. you'll go through approx 1 oz per second. If tank holds a gallon=128 second at WOT. A good 8 passes if not more.

If the tank used is smaller, then less. The stock coolant tank on a TTA= 1.5 gallons approx. So about 12 passes.

HTH

Msd /alky Control

Is it possible to run msd ignition on these cars? If so how?, or is there a better ignition system than stock. I was also wondering about alcohol injection, how many quarter-mile runs can you expect to get out of one gallon of alcohol?

I use a MSD / DIS-4 HIGH OUTPUT & RAZOR'S SYSTEM,running up to 27# boost.
I have heard the stock system is good enough.I just like the added insurance + the option of a rev limit,spark retard & other features this unit offers.
It's not cheap,but,there aren't many mods that are these days.

I've had a lot of experience with MSD on several supercharged Ford Mustang. With the MSD systems detonation was completely eliminated , the MSD can provide 20 degrees of continuous spark, so your basically running fire in the cylinder for 20 degrees, you're almost guaranteed ignition. It is much better to have a late control burned then they self ignited detonation.

Ever since this cheaper gas has hit market I've had to turn my boost down from 16 pounds to 12, before my Scanmaster shoes 0 retard.

I think I'm going to pick up the MSD set up, it looks like a wiring nightmare. But it cannot possibly be any worse than wiring and a Programmable 7, by MSD. I was also wondering will the factory Tack stay working with the MSD / DIS-4 HIGH ????

Plus with a simple pressure switch one can activate the timing retard at a predetermined amount of boost with the DIS-4 HIGH. I hate putting wiring in my engine compartment , but this seems to be the only way .

I was also wondering if anyone knows how many degrees of spark is provided by are factory ignition systems. if MSD will provide 20 deg, and this is better what is factory?

Buick Interface Module

I've had a lot of experience with MSD on several supercharged Ford Mustang. With the MSD systems detonation was completely eliminated , the MSD can provide 20 degrees of continuous spark, so your basically running fire in the cylinder for 20 degrees, you're almost guaranteed ignition. It is much better to have a late control burned then they self ignited detonation.

Ever since this cheaper gas has hit market I've had to turn my boost down from 16 pounds to 12, before my Scanmaster shoes 0 retard.

I think I'm going to pick up the MSD set up, it looks like a wiring nightmare. But it cannot possibly be any worse than wiring and a Programmable 7, by MSD. I was also wondering will the factory Tack stay working with the MSD / DIS-4 HIGH ????

Plus with a simple pressure switch one can activate the timing retard at a predetermined amount of boost with the DIS-4 HIGH. I hate putting wiring in my engine compartment , but this seems to be the only way .

I was also wondering if anyone knows how many degrees of spark is provided by are factory ignition systems. if MSD will provide 20 deg, and this is better what is factory?

The MSD Buick interface module makes it a plug & play installation.
Tach works fine.
GO TO: Buick Interface Module and Harness, PN 8878

You can download all instructions free of charge # the MSD site..