Mr. Baily - scanmaster 3 error code vs XFI error ?

fullahotair

The scanmaster on my xfi is showing a MAL code of 15, which corresponds to a wideband error in the scanmaster booklet, however when I view the fault codes in XFI it shows a TPS fault....any ideas why there is a discrepency?

On a related note, I think my TPS may be faulty as it will bounce down to zero volts when I lift off the pedal...as least per scanmaster...

Thanks,
Nate

0 volts or 0 % opening?

Yes and Yes....:) The scanmaster display's voltage, while as you know the XFI displays % open. The Scanmaster will bounce between 0.0 volts to 0.42 volts (idle/foot off the pedal) but eventually settles back to 0.42 volts. When recording XFI, all I see is 0% when looking at the graph. I didn't think to look at the actual values to see if it would read a negative percent, but I gather thats why I XFI is popping a TPS error. If you have any ideas - I am all ears.....I plan on checking out the grounds and the integrity of the TPS tonight to learn more, but first off I was wondering why the Scanmaster says a code 15 (wideband) while the XFI says TPS.

Thanks,
Nate

I repositioned the TPS last night and then recalibrated it within XFI, still had the same problem. I ran out of time last night though to dive further into it...hopefully I will find sometime tonight...

Nate

I think the codes might be different for xfi, post the booklet.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1374536988928.jpg
    1374536988928.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 99
well, I will have to check my notes, but it looks like you have found a bug....

sorry about that.

anyway, from your posts you might want to just replace the TPS. Wiggle all the connections, and perhaps 'retension' the connector pins.

The Scanmaster displays TPS volts, since you "XFI guys" all use TPS % I will probably add that in a future revision. Along with correcting this trouble code issue.

Bob

Not a problem Bob....I would rather it be a program issue than an issue on my end that I have to troubleshoot! I seem to have enough issues of my own to keep me busy....:D

thanks for the reply!

nate

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app