mph

v62go

dont know if this is the right place to ask this but here goes.i put a new turbo on and went to run it saturday and my brakes wont hold boost(pm accumalator went bad)but took off on 3 or 4 lbs of boost did'nt cut but a 1.70 short time(most of the time does low 1.40's)but wondering how much if any, will it pick up mph when i get the brakes fixed and leaving on high boost? i think it should but wanting some more input....thanks

We would need to know a lot more than you have posted. Mph is more dependent on the hp not how hard you left. If the converter is too loose or the valve springs shot it will hurt mph. If you have previously ran low 1.40's which to me is 1.40-1.43 then you most likely have a 9 sec car and should be trapping over 135mph

yeh i went from low 1.40's to 1.70 but i'm not getting full boost to about 60 or 80 feet out...because i'm leaving at such low boost levels.

yeh i went from low 1.40's to 1.70 but i'm not getting full boost to about 60 or 80 feet out...because i'm leaving at such low boost levels.

You must have some other problems if its taking that long to spool.

when i left at 10 lbs it spooled up asap...i might be stretching the truth out a little on the 60 80 feet,but it seems like forever when you go from 1.40's to 1.70's...........

when i left at 10 lbs it spooled up asap...i might be stretching the truth out a little on the 60 80 feet,but it seems like forever when you go from 1.40's to 1.70's...........
It would seem a lot slower going 1.70's after going 1.40's thats why i suspect a bigger problem.

it's because the brake light comes on when i hit the brakes and when it goes past 2 or 3 lbs of boost it starts creeping foward....

it's because the brake light comes on when i hit the brakes and when it goes past 2 or 3 lbs of boost it starts creeping foward....

Bigger wheel cylinders, more pressure to the rear, organic shoes, use the e-brake, or get a trans-brake. All have been proven to be effective. With enough power to run 1.40's you should still be in the 1.50's at 3psi launches. 3 psi launch in my sig netted 1.59 60'.