moving to a slightly larger turbo

nolanator

@none_more_black
my current turbo is a Precision T64e. It's a journal bearing 66mm turbo with a .60 A/R compressor and a .63 A/R turbine housing

My new turbo is a custom Garrett T04R, which is a ball bearing 67mm turbo with a .70 A/R compressor and a .82 A/R turbine housing.

The car makes about 485whp with the current turbo, and has never gone down the strip. What could I expect from this new turbo given the mods listed in my signature below?

I can't even see your sig in the app but I wouldn't expect anything since you weren't even close to being out of turbo. I would keep the .63 housing in most instances also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your staying on the street and hardly ever seeing the track I think you would get more out of a Billet 6265 or a Mfs wheel of similar size with a .63...imo

I can't even see your sig in the app but I wouldn't expect anything since you weren't even close to being out of turbo. I would keep the .63 housing in most instances also.

86 GN: fresh 0.030 over filled and balanced 231ci. Standard crank, peened rods, and J&E pistons. billet caps and studded mains. Comp 206/206 billet roller. ported heads with ARP studs & rod bolts. Cartek ported intake, 70mm throttle body/plenum with RJC power plate. PTE64e turbo, ATR liquid to air intercooler, Poston headers, Hooker 3" downpipe with Delta Gate WG, & 3" exhaust. Turbo Tweak chip/logger & Scanmaster. 80lb. injectors, alky control kit. inline pump & Aeromotive regulator. Extreme Automatics Stage III trans with AC 9" 3500 stall NLU conveter & Hurst line lock & Stage Right trans brake. KYB shocks, lowering springs, & GTech swaybars.

you might pick up some spool up.. but can't see any real power gains from what you're doing. have you considered a converter change?

86 GN: fresh 0.030 over filled and balanced 231ci. Standard crank, peened rods, and J&E pistons. billet caps and studded mains. Comp 206/206 billet roller. ported heads with ARP studs & rod bolts. Cartek ported intake, 70mm throttle body/plenum with RJC power plate. PTE64e turbo, ATR liquid to air intercooler, Poston headers, Hooker 3" downpipe with Delta Gate WG, & 3" exhaust. Turbo Tweak chip/logger & Scanmaster. 80lb. injectors, alky control kit. inline pump & Aeromotive regulator. Extreme Automatics Stage III trans with AC 9" 3500 stall NLU conveter & Hurst line lock & Stage Right trans brake. KYB shocks, lowering springs, & GTech swaybars.
John Crawford went 9.8x with almost the same stuff. He may have had a t04z compressor but it was a P trim turbine. He may have had a front mount.