Moving Body on Frame

Mr86t-type

Guys,

I need ~1/4" on the passenger side as I get a Slight Rub on the Passenger side front tire over Big Dips (17" Tires & Wheels), and the Driver side is fine.
The Measured difference is the Body is ~1/2" to 3/4" over toward the Driver Side, and Apparatly ALL G-bodys are Canted like this...So if I Loosen all the Body Bushing Bolts, is it even POSSIBLE to push the body over 1/4" or so???

I would do it enless you have lazer going down the side to make sure everything is straight. At least mark were it is and then make another marh were you want to go to.

Oh, I agree 100%, however I posted to see if ANYONE has actually DONE THIS,
and if so, other than the Body Bushing bolts, what must come out? And what about the Body Lip, doesn't this make it Impossible??

Guys,

I was going to have Kirban's Son do this at his shop...Well after we put it up on the lift and began looking over the Actual Body mounting, we saw that it was actually Impossible due to the DRIVER side being ALREADY too close, ie., it would have been physically Impossible to scoot it over at all as the Body Seam on the driver side was already only ~1/8" away from the frame. Thinking this was Strange, I looked at my buddy's 700mile MINT GN up on the lift, and Low and Behold the SAME THING!!! We also measured on that car(the GN), and it was EXACTLY the same offset to the Driver side
(~1/2"-3/4")..doing a search on all the boards on this came up with a few guys saying that GM did this Intentionaly on the G-Bodys to give the Steering box extra clearance....

My Solution, rather than putting the '87 Springs in (BIG JOB), is to put the Bilstein Shocks in, as the wheel only touches on the Rebound (Long Dips)..and of course the Bilstien Shocks cut WAY down on Body Rebound, we'll see this weekend when I install them...

I have the body off the frame on my car right now and I can tell you that you have barely any room to move the body on the frame. The bushings between the body and the frame are a tight fit into the frame, so the only movement you might get is at the cage nuts in the body and I can tell you that some of them wont move. I have pictures I can post if anyone wants to see what I am talking about.

Thanks, yea looking at the body seams, and the Cage nut locations, you can see that there Really isn't much room, if any to move it...