Moving battery to the trunk

Wahoo

Id like to make my front end lighter, so it launches better while drag racing.

Has anyone moved the battery to the back, are there kits?

Thx

image.png

Consider hot wiring your ECM lead as well. When you go thru tech they will test the shutoff switch, and you don't want to reset your timing and fueling setpoints.

Consider hot wiring your ECM lead as well. When you go thru tech they will test the shutoff switch, and you don't want to reset your timing and fueling setpoints.
Ah, im not gonna run a switch right away, its far from being a real drag car. Just want to move the weight to the back because i think its probably a cheap mod and every little bit helps.

I don't think they will let you on the track with a trunk mount battery and no shut off switch (darn safety stuff).

To be honest, unless your are really needing the battery in the trunk fro weight it is not really that necessary.

Most IHRA and NHRA sanctioning bodies require that a battery in the trunk requires an external disconnect switch.

Ben plenty of low 10's with stock location battery. I would just leave it alone.

Hope this helps.

Better install at least 200amp fuse breakers on that positive lead, otherwise if that thing grounds out anywhere along the car chassis you'll be watching your car burn to the ground.